Add to basket or enquire
Our Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation ABC Awards, ensuring your newly-acquired skills will enhance your professional development. The Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof of your achievement.
Become skilled with medical diagnosis and pharmaceutical support by enrolling in this Pharmacy Assistant & Technician course, brought to you by One Education. Learn how to provide healthcare and support a community of patients and customers by allowing us to coach you in this valued profession. Enrol now and provide wellbeing for all.
The smooth-running of Pharmacies, Clinics, and Healthcare facilities is more necessary than ever before. You can play a significant part in the healthcare sector by training and offering your abilities to it. With our help, you can become a medical professional and supply the know-how and remedies that can give much-needed relief to those in need.
By taking this comprehensive Pharmacy Assistant & Technician course, you’ll quickly become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of an Assistant or Technician. It will coach you in the fundamental techniques of a Pharmacy worker, as well as the ability to successfully counsel and diagnose an individual. You’ll become skilled in the practice of prescribing and dispensing vital medication, as well as controlling the stock and managing an inventory. Along with this, you’ll become proficient in medical health and safety standards and be aware of the security protocols that come with legal drugs. Enrol now and help the UK’s Healthcare.
What Will I Learn from this Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma?
- Learn the requirements needed to be a Pharmacy Technician or Assistant
- Understand how to counsel or communicate with patients and customers
- Become aware of your position in the UK Healthcare infrastructure
- Gain the ability to prescribe and dispense medication swiftly
- Know to control and manage a medical inventory
- Become comfortable with the Standard Operating Procedures in a medical environment
- Acquire the skills to perform a full medical assessment on a patient
Why People Enrol this Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma
- Learning materials of our Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Pharmacy Assistant & Technician course content for a full year
- Complete the Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma
We’ve taken this comprehensive Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Course and broken it down into manageable 10 units which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following 10 units:
Module 1: Introduction to Pharmacy Assistant and Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Job Role of Pharmacy Assistant
- Skills and personal characteristics
- Pharmacy Technician
Module 2: Job Role of Pharmacy Technicians
- Hospital Pharmacy Technicians
- Community Pharmacy Technicians
- Primary Care Pharmacy Technicians
Module 3: Pharmacy Assistant Patient Counselling Guide
- Pharmacy Assistant’s Detailed Guide to Patient Counselling
- Developing Self-awareness
- Barriers to Effective Patient Counselling Communication
- Tips to improve Communication in Pharmacies
- Communication with Special Patients
Module 4: Communication in Pharmacy Settings
- Importance of Communication Skills in Pharmacies
- Patient-Centred Communication Practices in Community Pharmacies
- Desirable traits
- Counselling Skills to enhance Communication
Module 5: The Pharmacy Team and Practices
- Self-Care Choices Amongst Patients
- Self-Medication Practices and Role Of Pharmacy Team
- Code Of Ethics for Pharmacy Team Workers
- The Seven Principles
Module 6: Prescription and Dispensing in Pharmacies
- Common Abbreviations
- The Dispensing Cycle
- Receiving and Validating Prescriptions
- Interpreting and Understanding the Prescription
- Clean and Hygienic Environment
Module 7: Dispensing Methods, EPS, Minimising Dispensing Errors in Pharmacies
- Types of Dispensing Services
- Monitored Dose Dispensing
- Electronic Prescription Service(EPS)
- Retrieve a Lost Electronic Prescription
Module 8: Inventory Control and Management in Pharmacies
- Stock Management in Pharmacies
- Inventory management
- Important Factors that influence Inventory Management
- Inventory Terminology with regard to Pharmacy Products
Module 9: Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Standard Operating Procedure
- Importance of Standard Operating Procedure
- Standard Operating Procedures in practice
Module 10: Health and Safety Risks Assessment and Pharmaceutical Terminology
- Basic Pharmacy Terminology
How is the Pharmacy Assistant & Technician assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a recognised and professional certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the Pharmacy Assistant & Technician, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Endorsed certificates can be ordered and get delivered to your home by post for only £109. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this Pharmacy Assistant & Technician, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
This Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma is ideal for
- Recent graduates
- Job Seekers
- Anyone interested in this topic
- People already working in the relevant fields and want to polish their knowledge and skill.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma will help you procure a job in the relevant field and will allow you to advance your career. Many job roles will be available for you to explore after completing this Pharmacy Assistant & Technician Diploma. This also increases your competency to be eligible for promotions at work.
Enrol now and take your career to the next step with One Education.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.