Training for Security
Add to basket or enquire
In order to work as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry you will need a Security Industry Authority (SIA) Licence. This course will provide you with the necesaary qualifications to apply for your SIA license and seek your new job in the Security Industry.
This is a 4-day course that is designed to be delivered through a blended method with 3 days online with live, interactive classes and then 1 day to be completed at one of our state of the art training centers. This course will provide you with the qualification required to apply for your SIA Licence in Working as a Security Officer Within the Private Security Industry.
With effect from the 1st of April, 2021, the SIA has implemented new changes regarding their Security Qualifications. Those changes stipulate that prior to being enrolled onto a Door Supervision or Security Guarding course, you will need to show that you hold a current and valid First Aid or Emergency First Aid certificate that meets the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. It is an SIA requirement that training centres must confirm that each you are sufficiently qualified in First Aid or Emergency First Aid. If this is not a qualification you presently hold, please contact us and we will be able to facilitate a first aid training course for you.
Working within the Private Security Industry
- The main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- The importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Fire procedures in the workplace
- Emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- The importance of communication skills and customer care
Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- The Role of a Security Officer within the PSI.
- The law relevant to the role of a security officer
- The importance of, and reasons for, patrolling.
- Controlling access to and egress from a site.
- Searching relevant to a security officer
- The purpose and functions of different types of electronic and physical protection systems
- Reporting and record keeping relevant to a security officer
Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
- The principles of conflict management appropriate to their role
- How to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict Situations.
- How to communicate in emotive situations to de-escalate conflict
- How to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
- Good practice to follow after conflict situations
Who is this course for?
This course is suited for anyone who has been in the Security Industry for a while or for anyone looking to now begin working in the Security Industry. It allows individuals to work as a Security Officer Within the Private Security Industry
- Lap Top/ Personal Computer
- Google Chrome
- Zoom APP for Virtual classroom
- Level 1 English and above
Anyone with this application will receive their SIA License in Security Guarding and will be allowed to legally work as a:
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
can you study in your own time or does it have to be four days in a row?
It doesn't have to be 4 days in a row but you have to attend all four days to achieve the qualification. We are running courses every fortnight and will also soon be running courses on weekends too so we are flexible. We look forward to assisting you further.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How will I be assessed after completing the course and what if I am weak in writing English?
You will be assessed on the final day and the assessment is multiple choice questions answered electronically on your chosen device, you do not have to write anything all questions are a, b, c or d. if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
When will you start weekend courses?
Dear Michael, Our weekend courses start on the 3rd/ 4th/ 10th October and the exams will bedding the week, week beginning the 12th October at a time suitable to you.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.