Add to basket or enquire
Enhance your CV with a professional qualification certifying you as a proficient Receptionist in one of the most in-demand skills in the UK. Covering all the key techniques in and understanding of providing good customer service, professional communication skills, time management and document preparation, this Office Skills and Receptionist Course has been designed to give you the skills to succeed in a variety of professional, business areas and industries.
Through video lessons, PDF handouts, mock exams and online assessments, you will learn how to improve your verbal and nonverbal communication skills, write and prepare professional documents and effectively manage your time. You also gain role-specific competencies in customer service along with keeping a good telephone manner, gatekeeping and providing excellent customer service. Many of the skills you learn through this Office Skills and Receptionist course are transferable across a range of fields, giving you even more chances to build yourself a new career.
Benefits of studying the Office Skills and Receptionist Course with Janets include
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
This Office Skills and Receptionist course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
This Office Skills and Receptionist Course has been developed with the following modules:
- Preparation (1)
- Preparation (2)
- Time management
- The Importance of keeping to schedules
- Imperative Tasks
- Skills: Communicating Verbally
- Skills: Communicating non-Verbally
- Sanctioning yourself
- The power of teamwork
- Ensuring you are ready
- The Administrative Process and its importance
- Ensure you’re prepared
- Important Processes
- Our list of 5 processes
- Binder Essentials (1)
- Binder Essentials (2)
- Binder Organization
- Don’t bother with these items in your process guide
- Distribute the Process guide
- Ensure a high level of success when carrying out the process Guide
- Get rid of Things you don’t need
- Arranging your work
- Time Management
- Managing your list of things to do
- The differences between virtual storage and physical storage
- Standardize your work area
- How not to procrastinate
- Managing your inbox
- Avoid Not Organizing
- Stay Focussed to keep Organized
- Tasks for Organization Skills – Administrator
- The role of a Receptionist
- How important is a receptionist?
- Various roles of a Receptionist
- Skills: Communication
- Skills: Telephone
- Skills: Listening
- Message noting
- Why Appearance matters
- Processes of Reserving
- Skills: Organisation
- Highly Effective Receptionist
Customer Relations & Dealings
- Positive attitude maintenance
- How to Manage your Stress (internal)
- How to Manage your Stress (external)
- Analytical skills
- Challenging Customers
- Phoning the customers
- Face to face customers
- Delicately handling customers
- Examples of Challenging customers
- Follow up!
Professional Telephone Receptionist Skills
- What Skills do you need?
- Skills: Self-Management (1)
- Skills: Self-Management (2)
- Skills: Time Management (1)
- Skills: Time Management (2)
- Skills: Organisation and Planning (1)
- Skills: Organisation and Planning (2)
- Skills: Communication (1)
- Skills: Communication (2)
- Further Difficulties
- Professional Telephone Receptionist Course- Activities
What you will be able to do on completion of the course
- Provide excellent admin support
- Provide excellent administrative management
- Improve your organisational skills
- Work as an effective receptionist
- Provide better customer service
- Have a better telephone manner
- Feel more confident in your role
- Get an admin or reception job without trouble
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost of £9.99 and PDF Certificate at £4.99.
Who is this course for?
This Office Skills and Receptionist course is ideal for people who want to start working as Receptionist, Office Administrator, Office Manager, Administration Assistant, or Secretary, as well as people who want to enhance their office skills in general.
Training offered by the Office Skills and Receptionist Course could potentially benefit a range of roles, but would particularly enhance careers in
- Office Administration
- Secretarial roles
- Front Desk Officer
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I'm looking to change career from 30 years retail and customer service I'm interested in doing receptionist or admin assistant role
Hi Jayne, Thanks for your query. This course is Level 3 Diploma and anyone over 16 and from any educational background can do this course. If you think to make the new career in this field then you can take this course and you can be benefited by adding this qualification to your CV. Many thanks and Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
If I take this course, is it possible to get an administrator job without work experience?
Dear Caitlin, Thanks for the question. We believe that this course will add value to your CV and place yourself in a good position in the competitive employment market. But we can't confirm any job guarantee as it's completely up to the employer to decide. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How will I be assessed?
Hello Anderson, There will be a mock and a final test at the end of the last module. The exam will consist of around 20-30 multiple choice questions and will allow around 20-30 minutes to complete. You will need 60% or more correct answers to pass the exam. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.