Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Corona virus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
Office Admin, Secretarial and PA Training
If you are interested in gaining a position as a highly paid Office Administrator, Secretary or Personal Assistant, then this training qualification from Global Edulink, one of the UK’s leading providers of vocational training courses, could be perfect for you.
The course will help you to develop and enhance your administrative, secretarial and personal assistant skills and prove to employers and recruiters in all business sectors that you can fulfil all of the functions and duties associated with these positions, to the highest standard.
If you are an aspiring Office Administrator, Personal Assistant or Secretary, or if you are currently working in one of these roles, but need to improve your skills and demonstrate evidence of professional training, then this course can help.
The course is made up of four Units. Unit One offers a number of tutorials that will help you to develop your ability as a Secretary and Personal Assistant. The tutorials in Unit Two are designed to help you build your Administration skills, while Unit Three focuses on personal and professional skills, and in Unit Four, you will work on your computer literacy.
Our online programme is designed to recreate the feel of classroom learning and is made up of a range of professionally-narrated e-Learning modules, tests, exams and interactive quizzes, all delivered through a system to which you will have access on a twenty-four-hour basis, every day of the year. The course is backed up with online support and your study materials will include step-by-step guide tutorials that will help you to build your confidence, study effectively and earn your qualification.
* Free e-certificate (No additional cost for e-certificates)
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
Course Curriculum : Office Admin, Secretarial and PA Training
1. BUSINESS REPORTS AND LETTER WRITING
- Business Writing Skills
- Introduction to Business Report Writing
- Exploring Reports
- How to Prepare for Writing
- Exercise Files: Business Report Writing
2. E-MAILS WRITING TIPS
- Introduction to Effective Email Writing
- Writing Email Messages
- Email Manners
3. TYPING SPEED DEVELOPMENT
- Effective Typing
4. TIPS FOR SPEED READING
- Tips for Speed Reading
5. MICROSOFT WORD
- Introduction to Microsoft Word
- First Step to MS Word
- Text Editing & Formatting
- Formatting Paragraph and Pages
- Creating Styles, Themes, Number and Bullets
- Columns & Tables
- Macros and Proofing
- Sharing and Reviewing Documents
- Modify Word Document
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Word 2016
6. MICROSOFT EXCEL
- Getting Started with Microsoft Excel
- Data Entering
- Creating Formulas and Functions
- Worksheet Views, Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- IF, VLOOKUP, and Power Functions, Security & Sharing
- Data Management, Data Analysis Tools
- PivotTables & Macros
- Exercise Files: Microsoft Excel 2016
7. MICROSOFT POWERPOINT
- Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Working with Presentations & Slides
- Adding Pictures & Contents to Slides
- Adding Shapes, Diagrams, Charts, Video, Audio, and Animation to Slides
- Preparing & Delivering Speech
- Reusing and Sharing Presentations
- Exercise Files: Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
8. MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
- Getting Started with Outlook
- Adding and Connecting Accounts, Reading & Organizing Mails
- Creating and Sending Mail, Creating and Working with People
- Working with Delegates & Calendars
- Creating Tasks and Notes, Working with Outlook Data
9. MICROSOFT ACCESS
- Introduction to MS Access
- Creating Tables & Setting up Properties
- Creating Forms & Reports
- Working with Macros, Integrating Access with Office Suite
- Database Management
- Exercise Files- Microsoft Access 2016
10. DIARY MANAGEMENT
- Diary Management
- Diary and Time Management with Outlook
11. HANDLING CONFIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
- Handling Confidential Documents
12. SUCCESSFUL MEETING MINUTES
- Taking Minutes
13. NOTE TAKING
- Note Taking
14. DOCUMENT PROOFREADING
- Document Proofreading
15. APPOINTMENT BOOKING AND ARRANGING INTERVIEWS
- Appointment Booking and Arrange an Interview
16. DELIVERING POSTAL MAIL
- Delivering Postal Mail
18. CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TELEPHONE HANDLING SKILLS
- Customer Service Basics Over the Phone
- Get the facts- ask the right questions
- Discuss Solutions- learning to listen
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Developing Inbound & Outbound Telephone Skills
- Hot Telephone Tips
19. ORGANISING A MEETING
- Organising a Meeting
- Exercise Files: Organising Meeting
20. DATA MANAGEMENT, RECORD KEEPING AND FILING
- Data Management & Record Keeping
21. EVENT PLANNING
- Event Planning Essentials
22. ARRANGE BUSINESS TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
- Arranging Business Travel and Accommodation
- Introduction to Accounting
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
24. QUICKBOOKS FOR PAYROLL MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to QuickBooks
- Setting up the Employee Payroll
- Running the Payroll
- Exercise Files: QuickBooks for Payroll Management
25. INVOICING/PETTY CASH
- Invoicing and Petty cash
26. SUPERVISING AND MONITORING THE OFFICE WORKS
- Supervising and monitoring the office works
27. TIME MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to Time Management
- Fundamentals of Productivity
- How to Use Your Calendar Effectively
- Setting up Priorities and Schedule
- Timer Budgeting
- Exercise Files: Time Management
28. MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES
- Motivating Employees
29. CREATING AN EFFECTIVE CV AND COVER LETTER
- Business Resumes & Job Applications
- How to Gather Information for Your CV
- Write your CV
- CV Writing Tips and Layouts
- Different CV Formats
- Saving a CV to Different Formats and Online CV Banks
- Finishing Your CV
- Exercise Files: Creating an Effective CV
30. JOB FUNCTIONS AND DESCRIPTION OF OFFICE ADMIN & MANAGER
- Job functions and Description of Office Administrator and Manager
Method of Assessment:
Upon conclusion of the course, you will take an online multiple-choice assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course. The test is marked automatically and you will receive your results instantly, so there won’t be an anxious wait to find out if you have passed!
Having completed this course, you will be awarded the Office Admin, Secretarial and PA Training by Global Edulink as well as a summary of the units learnt. This summary will include the specifics of the units you have learnt in the completed course. At the end of this course, you will be able to gain a professional qualification. Potential employers will view you as an asset and will recognize the level of commitment and skills you have displayed while studying this course.
Benefits you will gain:
By enrolling in to this course, you’ll get:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- Includes step-by-step tutorial videos and an effective, professional support service.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Access Course Content on Mobile, Tablet or Desktop.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced online learning platform.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who prefer to go at their own pace, seeking trainer support when required. It is suitable for all levels from beginners to those who are already employed as an Office Administrator, Secretary or Personal Assistant, but who want to earn a formal qualification to help them to develop their career. The course will help you to gain knowledge and to widen your skill base in each of these three job roles.
There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds. As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
Following successful completion of the course, you could apply to become an Officer Administrator, Secretary or Personal Assistant, and go on to develop a career as an Office Manager or Personal Assistant for a company director or senior manager.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Alexa Matts asked:
Are you allowed to retake the exam in case you don’t pass? And if so, will there be an additional charge?
Yes, Kindly note that you can retake the exam and there will be an additional charge applied for the second sitting.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is the exam online too?
Yes, Kindly note that upon conclusion of the course, you will take an online multiple-choice assessment, which will determine whether you have passed the course. The test is marked automatically and you will receive your results instantly, so there won’t be an anxious wait to find out if you have passed!This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I need office etc installed to complete this course?
Yes, Kindly note that MS Office software is required to do this course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.