Data Law Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Unit 33 – Civil Litigation for Paralegals is one on the optional technical legal knowledge units for those studying towards a Level 3 qualification recognised and awarded by The National Association of Licensed Paralegals (NALP).
The aim of this unit is to provide the learner with the knowledge to understand how the process of civil litigation is conducted using the areas of debt recovery, personal injury, consumer law and family law (in relation to mediation and ADR) as illustrations. In understanding how civil actions are commenced, funded and defended, the learner will be able to effectively assist in civil litigation cases in practice or provide services within legal departments involved in litigation.
This unit comprises a comprehensive workbook developed by NALP which provides all of the information that leaners will need to meet the learning outcomes detailed below.
In addition, Datalaw have designed 3 45-minute webinars focusing on key aspects of the syllabus for this unit to help explain and contextualise the material provided in the workbooks.
Delivered by Datalaw favourite Professor Alastair Hodge, the webinars within this unit cover following topics:
• The Concept and Scope of Civil Litigation in England and Wales
• Civil Litigation Funding Mechanisms
• Commencing and Defending a Civil Litigation Action
• Preparing for a Trial
• Post-Trial Procedures
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Thoroughly understand the concept and scope of civil litigation in England and Wales
- 2. Identify and explain how civil actions can be funded
- 3. Know how to commence and defend a civil action and apply that knowledge to a given scenario
- 4. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of how to prepare for a trial
- 5. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the procedures post trial
What is the target audience?
- Current and prospective paralegals
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Does one get a course certificate? Thank you
Yes, you will get a certificate for this course. It will be downloadable from your Datalaw Dashboard. This unit is apart of our Paralegal NALP Diploma, once completed all units you will receive a recognised Level 3 Paralegal Diploma and be recognised by The National Association of Licensed Paralegals (NALP). If you're interested in more information regarding the Diploma, please let me know.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.