Add to basket or enquire
Employers expect everyone to have basic Microsoft Office skills and this course will get yours up to scratch. Covering Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint, you will learn best practices and be able to achieve confidence and job satisfaction with practice.
- Over 40 lectures and 3.5 hours of video content, plus lots of downloadable materials
- Learn to use Office confidently in the workplace
- Covers things like spellchecking, email folders, Excel calculations, diagrams and images for your presentations
- Practical learning alongside the tutorials
- Quiz assessment to consolidate your learning through the course
- Expert tuition and support throughout
In this course on Microsoft Office skills you will learn from a Microsoft Certified Trainer how to use the core Office programmes in the workplace and at home. These real life and practical will enable you to get Office working for you!
Where appropriate the actual files used in the course are provided for practice, and you are encouraged to download them and work alongside the video tutorials.
This course is based in Microsoft Office 2010, but the its introductory nature means that the principles can be applied across Microsoft Office 2007 to 2013 and beyond.
Get your skills up to scratch today!
David Millard has qualifications in Computing and Software Engineering and a Post-Compulsory Education degree. After becoming a Microsoft Master Instructor in the 1980’s he was granted Microsoft Certified Trainer status in 2009.
As a former college lecturer, he spent years in the classroom teaching people how to use software packages. He still trains several software packages, including the Microsoft Office suite, Visio, Project and Adobe Photoshop and is a big fan of open-source software. He uses and trains WordPress and Camtasia Studio.
Microsoft Office Word Essential Skills
- Downloadable Materials for Microsoft Office Word Essential Skills
- A Quick Tour of the Interface
- Using Styles
- Spellchecking a document
- Find and replace
- Adding a list in Word
- Inserting a table
- Inserting a chart or picture
- Using Autocorrect and Quick Parts
- Saving a Document as a Template
Microsoft Office Outlook Essential Skills
- Interface and setting up your account
- Email and folders
- Forwarding emails and using attachments
- Outlook calendar
- Recurring appointments and meetings
- Outlook contacts
- Outlook Tasks
- Social Media Proposal
Microsoft Office Excel Essential Skills
- Downloadable Materials for Microsoft Office Excel Essential Skills
- Simple Excel Calculations - Subtraction
- Simple Excel Calculations – Multiplying by a Percentage
- Simple Excel Calculations – Subtracting and multiplying in the same formula
- Simple Excel Calculations – The Invoice
- Simple Excel Calculations – Locking cell references
- Excel formulas and functions
- Inserting functions from Autosum button
- Excel named ranges
- Outlining in Excel
- Sorting data
- Adding filters
- Intro to Excel Tables
Microsoft Office PowerPoint Essential Skills
- Downloadable Materials for Microsoft Office PowerPoint Essential Skills
- PowerPoint Basics
- Adding a bullet list and table
- Adding a chart
- Adding a SmartArt Diagram to a slide
- Adding Images
- Adding slide transitions and applying a theme
- Adding animations
- Putting it all together
Why Choose OfCourse Learning?
- All courses are taught by verified experts
- Students enjoy 24/7 access to their courses
- Courses can be accessed on any device
- Students get lifetime access to their courses so they can work at their own pace
- On completion, students receive a course certificate from a recognised educational institution
- Become a part of a global learning community where you can talk with teachers and students about the course
Who is this course for?
- Regular users of Microsoft Office who want to be more confident
- Those who have taken a career break and feel they are lacking in IT skills
- Anyone looking to progress in an office based role
A PC with access to Microsoft Office 2010 or later
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this course for Mac users as well as those using PC?
Hi Steve Yes this course will work on any device, on any operating system. Hope this helps.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course suitable for a level to learn "beginners word";up loading cv's& attachments to letters?
Hi Eira Yes this coure is suitable for beginners.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does this course need to be completed at one time or can you complete it over a period of weeks?
Hi Katie, Thanks for getting in touch. You will have unlimited access to the course & therefore you can complete the course in your own time and refer back to it whenever you like. I hope this helps, TravisThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.