A. G. Jarvis Limited
Add to basket or enquire
Are you just starting to use Microsoft excel? Are you looking for the course to take you through the first level at your own pace?
Excel is the most commonly used and in demand tool for making sense of data.
Microsoft Excel Level 1 is a comprehensive course designed to teach the basics of Microsoft Excel. This course covers
the fundamentals of Excel
creating and formatting worksheets,
creating basic formulas and functions.
Plus more knowledge of Microsoft Excel for beginners
- 1: Welcome To The Course! 02:06
- 2: Opening Excel, And Creating A Shortcut 03:45
- 3: The Anatomy Of A Workbook 15:19
- 4: A Quick Review Of What's Where 06:11
- 5: Accessing The F Keys (or Function Keys) 00:54
- 6: Always Do This First! - Save Your New Workbook 02:00
- 7: Let's Enter Some Data 01:41
- 8: Quiz 1 04:00
- 9: Editing Data 01:42
- 10: Ooops. I Made A Mistake - Undo and Redo 01:20
- 11: Changing Appearance Of Text With Formatting - Fonts 09:03
- 12: A Quick Word On Formatting 01:20
- 13: Formatting Text - Alignment 03:07
- 14: Saving Time With AutoFilling Sequences 04:40
- 15: POWER USER - Adding Your Own Lists To Autofill 04:23
- 16: Saving Time with Format Painter 02:48
- 17: Changing The Column Width 03:33
- 18: Quiz 2 03:00
- 19: Tidy Large Titles With Merge And Centre 03:01
- 20: Entering Data: A Couple Of Shortcuts 03:57
- 21: Sums - The Old Fashioned Way! 03:11
- 22: Sums - Using Autosum 05:32
- 23: Quiz 3 04:00
- 24: Copying Formulas 03:16
- 25: SUMming Horizontally 03:16
- 26: Basic Formulas - Subtraction 02:28
- 27: Basic Formulas - Multiplication 01:32
- 28: Basic Formulas - Division 01:21
- 29: Average Function 02:41
- 30: The Order Of Mathematical Operation 06:38
- 31: POWER USER - Evaluate Formula 04:50
- 32: Inserting New Columns And Rows 06:21
- 33: Moving Existing Columns And Rows 02:27
- 34: Cutting, Copying, Inserting And Deleting 06:07
- 35: Hiding Columns And Rows 02:41
- 36: Quiz 4 04:00
- 37: ROUNDing Functions 05:55
- 38: Formatting Numbers 02:12
- 39: A Primer In Building Complex Formulas 03:10
- 40: Building a Complex Formula 04:19
- 41: Sorting 04:16
- 42: Wrapping Text And Soft Enter 03:59
- 43: Adding A New Worksheet 01:07
- 44: Creating A Simple Chart 04:20
- 45: Quiz 5 04:00
- 46: Adding Borders 02:36
- 47: Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar 02:11
- 48: Simple Printing 03:34
- 49: Freezing For An Easier View 04:06
- 50: Getting Help 01:39
- 51: Filters 06:21
- 52: Highlighting Cells 02:03
- 53: Quiz 6 06:00
- 54: Closing 01:29
- 55: Bonus 1 Whizzing Around Excel Revision 06:45
- 56: Bonus 2 Keyboard Shortcuts 11:18
- 57: Bonus 3.1 - A1 Style - Relative Relative 02:15
- 58: Bonus 3.2 - $A$1 Style - Absolute Absolute 02:44
- 59: Bonus 3.3 - $A1 Style - Absolute Relative 02:16
- 60: Bonus 3.4 - A$1 Style - Relative Absolute 02:01
- 61: Level 1 SQA 01 - Reverse Engineering A Sample Spreadsheet 20:55
- 62: Level 1 SQA 02 - Casing And Text Functions 06:35
- 63: Level 1 SQA 03 - Charts From A Filtered List 02:54
Over 170,000 Happy Students, in 204 Countries Are Enrolled In My Courses...And Those Courses Are Now Available on Reed!
Check out the FREE PREVIEW LECTURES and SEE WHY!
Next to soft skills, being able to use Microsoft Excel well is probably one of the most sought after skills employers are looking for in today’s competitive market. Make sure you can compete…
Do you want to master one of the must have skills for any workplace?
Are you willing to invest a little time now for your own future?
Want to learn powerful, little known tools most users don't know about?
Do you want to get ahead of your competition?
If you are a complete beginner looking to master Excel, or you just want to brush up on the basics, you've come to the right place. If you want to earn more money by developing a skill set that today’s employers demand, this is the course for you!
How is the course structured?
Together we concentrate on building a single complete project from beginning to end, using all the basic functions and to give you a thorough understanding. I know your time is valuable, so most lectures are between 3-5 minutes, allowing you to dip in and out when it's convenient for you. This also maximises your learning, and makes it easy if you ever need to go back to refresh your memory...no need to click through a 40 minute lecture to find the part you're looking for! There are screencasts, quizzes, presentations, pdfs, downloadable files...all designed to optimise your learning.
What do I get with this course?
Lifetime access to over 4 hours of HD content of Microsoft Excel Essentials: Level 1 Basics - Excel Made Easy
Over 60 bite-size lectures, each covering a specific topic in detail. Some of which I have never seen taught before!
Multiple quizzes to ensure you cement your learning!
Downloadable source file, practice file, and pdf cheat sheets that you can take with you and quickly refer back to if you are away from home.
Access to the Q&A forum, so if you have any questions, you can ask me!
So, Why take THIS course?
I have been using Excel for over 30 years, but there is a difference between being good at something and being able to teach it.
In that time, I have taught tens of thousands of people how to master Excel's power. Because I have taught so many people, I know not to assume you already understand something, and I have probably already heard every question you are likely to have.
This course took over 4 months to produce, and has been tested extensively with thousands of people. If something didn't work, or wasn't clear, it was revised until it did, to make this the best possible course on Excel.
Of course, we never stop learning, and I continue to develop this course with every new Excel revision, and with your feedback. And remember, if you have a question, post it in the Q&A and I will answer it for you personally.
What are my students saying about taking my courses?
"This course is exactly what I was looking for. Simply explained, and in a level of detail I could follow. I really enjoyed it, and will recommend it to all my friends" – Beatrice
"Learned about stuff I never knew" – Sarah Jones
"This course gives a solid foundation for a beginner who wants to develop their skills...To sum up Folks, this is a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED course. I will be shortly enrolling myself in the next course with Alan of course" – Alex
"This is a great course for anyone wishing to learn or brush up on the basics. The presentations are easy to follow!" – Pamela Reyna
"This is a very simple, clear and concise and easy to follow course that is perfect for beginners" – Sean Loftus
"I loved this course...he made a 20+ minute video tutorial and reverse engineered a sample form I provided him. This unlocked a huge amount of functionality for me. Excellent teacher! – David Keegan
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at complete beginners, or those who want to get a thorough knowledge of the basics.
Anyone looking to increase their chances of better paying jobs, through mastering Microsoft Excel
All you need is a PC, a copy of Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 or 365 and a willingness to learn!
No other knowledge is required, as each step is explained fully in the course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Reed Courses Certificate of Completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed.