Add to basket or enquire
Macaroons are a French delicacy which have exploded in popularity all over the world. They are bite-sized round cakes that are crisp on the outside and soft in the middle, and are sandwiched together with a delicious filling. Properly made, they are melt-in-the-mouth delicacies, but they do have a reputation for being tricky to master. This course will teach every step of the process and how to make a perfect batch of these elegant and colourful pastries every time.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The course will focus on a systematic process to create perfect macaroons right from scratch.
- Equipment required - An introduction and understanding of the equipment you will require to make macaroons and also provide you with an in depth technique of how to make and use a piping bag.
- Ingredient preparation - This section will look at making your own flawless ground almonds and teach you how to make the most perfect macaroon mixture. These are key aspects that result in delicious macaroons.
- Types of filling - Macaroons can be crafted in a variety of flavours this module will teach you how to make delicious fillings for your macaroons, including lemon curd, butter cream, chocolate ganache and pistachio flavour.
- Variations in shapes - To bake a macaroon with the characteristic “feet” and smooth shells, a uniform piping ensures even baking, yielding perfect results. This module will give you an introduction to piping techniques and a guide to piping flawless heart shaped macaroons
- Assembling - You will learn how to pair similar-sized cookies, pipe the proper amount of filling, and chill time for macaroons that are both delicious and beautiful.
- Displaying macaroons - Learn the art of assembling an impeccable macaroon tower and make special occasions more memorable.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The modules are arranged so that even absolute beginners can learn with confidence, thoroughly covering each concept before moving on to the next. You will receive over one hour of professional video based learning, plus downloadable quick recipe sheets and eBooks.
- The skills necessary to make delicious macaroons to a very high standard
- Learn the right technique from a professional chef
- Impress family, friends and potential employers with your baking
- New and useful skills such as making and using piping bags
- Much more confidence with difficult baking techniques
- Learn at your own pace – no need to rush, you can learn the art of baking the perfect macaroon at your own speed
Buy this course today and master the delicate art of making exquisite and delicious macaroons.
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows and Mac devices.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.