Romain Designs Ltd
To achieve this qualification you will be
- Currently employed by a school, local authority or willing to undertake a placement
- Supporting children’s learning and well-being
You will provide evidence of your work practice, including completing assignments, case studies, written accounts and providing work products. Evidence is uploaded to an e-portfolio which is available 24/7 on computers, tablets and mobile devices.
Each student is asked to complete a number of tasks based on their work in schools. These tasks will then build into a portfolio of evidence submitted at the end of the course. There are no formal examinations.
What topics does the qualification cover?
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults: developing knowledge and understanding which underpins effective communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults. Interacting, responding and communicating, confidentiality and sharing information.
- Schools as organisations: developing knowledge and understanding of the structure of education, how schools are organised, school ethos, mission, aims and value, legislative and policy frameworks and the wider context in which schools operate.
- Supporting learning activities: supporting learning activities in school including the planning, delivery, assessment and review cycle.
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour: promoting positive behaviour, managing inappropriate behaviour, dealing with challenging behaviour and contributing to reviews of behaviour and behaviour policies.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults: developing relationships. Interacting, responding and communicating, confidentiality and sharing information.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people: demonstrating competence in promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, the impact of prejudice and discrimination, supporting inclusion and inclusive practices.
- Support assessment for learning: using assessment strategies to promote learning, supporting you to review your achievements and working with the teacher to review assessment for learning processes and outcomes.
- Engage in personal development: reflecting on practice, evaluating own performance, agreeing a personal development plan and using learning opportunities and reflective practice to contribute to personal development.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety: recognizing hazards and undertaking risk assessment in relation to health, safety and security, appropriate response to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness.
- Child and young person development: how children and young people form birth to 19 years develop, including theoretical perspectives. Actions taken when differences in development are identified and the potential effects of transitions on development.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people: developing knowledge and understanding required for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. Working in partnership with other organisations. Legislation, guidelines and policies, emergency procedures, e-safety, responding to evidence or concerns relating to abuse, harm and bullying.
Who is this course for?
You will study this course by remote online learning or you can attend online classroom-based classes, which will enable you to learn when and where you want. You can study from home or at work; it is completely up to you. All your materials are available online. You will also receive our tutor support by email, so help is only a click away!
The Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools Certificate is a combination of online theory and a school placement. Every student should undertake approxamately 50 hours of work experience.
The School can be a primary, junior or secondary school ages 4-15 years. We accept experience from mainstream schools, academies, independent institutions and specialist settings.
After completion of this course, you can apply for a teaching assistant role.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.