Level 2 Certificate in General Chemistry
Chemistry involves the compounds composed of atoms, their composition, properties, structures and reactions to other compounds. Knowledge of basic chemistry is a must in everyone individual’s life. It is a very important subject that is essential to comprehend and study the world around you. Whether you are a physics student or a biology student, basic chemistry knowledge is very important for you to excel in your field of study. Knowledge of basic chemistry will also prove worthwhile for various job positions in the job market.
This course in General chemistry is aimed at educating individuals with the general areas of chemistry to give them the kick start they have always wanted. This course will teach learners on the metric systems to the properties of matter and atom. Insight into the periodic properties of the elements and Nuclear chemistry, the octet rule and the Lewis structures of atom will be supplied through this course along with the chemistry of solutions and equations. Get to discover the kinetic molecular description of liquids and solids, gases and kinetic molecular theory. Dive into this course to further scrutinise the types of chemical reactions, basics concepts of equilibrium, kinetics and thermodynamics of chemistry.
Why should you choose us?
- No Hidden Fee
- Free e-certificate (PDF)
- Free Career Support Service
- Free CV Writing and Interview Skills Pack available with this course.
- Get 2 days (48 hours) of free access to one of our 140 course strong course libraries, we will issue access upon your request when you have purchased a course.
- Nationally and internationally recognised Accredited qualification
- Excellent quality video tutorials
- Get Tutor support Monday-Friday
- Get one year's access to the course
- Get support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join our friendly online learning platform
- Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices. So, you can access your course on Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G.
- There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
- All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Following key topics are covered in this course;
Module 1. The Metric System, Scientific Notation And The Properties Of Matter And Atoms
Module 2. Periodic Properties Of The Elements And Nuclear Chemistry
Module 3. The Octet Rule And Lewis Structures Of Atoms
Module 4. The Kinetic Molecular Description Of Liquids And Solids
Module 5. Gases And Kinetic Molecular Theory
Module 6. Chemistry Of Solutions And Equations
Module 7. Types Of Chemical Reactions
Module 8. Basic Concepts In Equilibrium, Kinetics And Thermodynamics
- Learn about the metric system, scientific notation and the properties of matter and atom
- Gain an insight into the periodic properties of the elements and Nuclear chemistry, the octet rule and the Lewis structures of atom
- Discover the kinetic molecular description of liquids and solids, gases and kinetic molecular theory
- Explore the chemistry of solutions and equations
- Scrutinise the types of chemical reactions, basics concepts of equilibrium, kinetics and thermodynamics
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in General Chemistry.
Who is this course for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of science, business, or in a laboratory.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying chemistry who need extra tuition.
Learners for this course must be 16 years of age or above and should have a basic understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research analyst
- Project Manager
- Lab Technician
- Lab Assistant
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
MIRACLE U TJIZEKA asked:
I AM INTERESTED INTHIS COURSE, WHEN DO I START PLEASE AND WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
Dear Miracle, Thank you for your query and we are very much happy for your interest in the course. To start the Level 2 Certificate in General Chemistry course, kindly purchase the course. Necessary instructions, information and study materials will be provided to you once you purchase the course and enrol with us. Regards, Student Support Team (Infinity Learning)This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.