Add to basket or enquire
This foundation course is delivered by expert practitioners who have a combined practical experience of 50+ years in manufacturing, operations, lean and coaching. This course has been developed to help you challenge the status quo and paradigms and to make you stand out from the rest with your knowledge of manufacturing excellence.
The objectives for this foundation course are:
- Gain knowledge of operational excellence and its history
- Understand benefits to their customers, company, themselves and colleagues.
- Appreciate the importance of material flow
- Differentiate between ‘Value Added’ (Cost) and ‘Non-Value Added’ (Waste) activities
- Identify ‘Waste’ in their workplace and categorise waste
- Identify inconsistencies and avoidable physical strain in production processes
- Acquire basic understanding of tools to eliminate waste
The course is built with 4 main modules:
Module 1 - Introduction to Operational Excellence
- History of manufacturing methods
- What is operational excellence?
- The benefits of operational excellence
Module 2 - Material flow and its importance
- What is Flow?
- Why is it important?
- How flow impacts performance and people?
Module 3 - Barriers to flow
- 'Value added activities’ (Cost) vs ‘Non-value added activities’ (Waste)
- The 8 types of wastes (Muda)
- Inconsistencies (Mura) and Avoidable Strain (Muri)
- Learn to spot waste
Module 4 - Overview of tools to improve flow
- High level introduction to tools for waste elimination
All in all, this course is a great way to start your manufacturing / operational excellence journey.
The length of time taken depends entirely on how much time you can study and absorb the material. This is self paced course so take your time and enjoy it!
Test and Certification
The end of this course there is a multiple choice test. Students are required to achieve a pass mark of 80%, and, if necessary, may attempt the test multiple times at no extra cost.
Students will be sent a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Who is this course for?
This foundation course has been designed for you, if you are:
- Are preparing for a job interview with a manufacturing business
- Are new to the world of manufacturing and want to upskill yourself
- Are working towards a promotion within a manufacturing business
- Recently joined a company which is embarking on a lean or operations excellence journey
- Are planning to start a career in lean / operations consulting
- Are working to reskill / upskill yourself while contemplating you next career move
- Are a student looking to move past the theory to practical knowledge of manufacturing and operations
No prerequisite for this course, just an open mind and the willingness to learn and challenge the status quo
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.