Add to basket or enquire
This Intermediate course is delivered by expert practitioners who have a combined practical experience of 50+ years in manufacturing, operations, lean and coaching. This course has been developed to help you challenge the status quo and paradigms and to make you stand out from the rest with your knowledge of manufacturing excellence.
- Develop a deeper understanding of ‘Flow’ and ‘Waste’
- Gain understanding of the key tools for waste elimination / reduction
- Know when, where and how to use the tools
- Identify and own at least one waste elimination project in their company
- Understand the spirit of continuous improvement
Module 1 - Refresher on Flow and Waste
- Push and Pull
- 8 waste
Module 2 - Basic tools to reduce waste
- Muda walk
- Takt time, lead time and cycle time
- Bottleneck identification
- Line balancing
- Workplace organisation to improve flow
- Visual management
Module 3 - Intermediate tools to reduce waste
- Batch size reduction
- Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED)
- Create Pull through Kanbans
- Production Levelling
- OEE improvement at bottlenecks
- Zero Defects
The length of time taken depends entirely on how much time you can study and absorb the material. This is self paced course so take your time and enjoy it!
Test and Certification
The end of this course there is a multiple choice test. Students are required to achieve a pass mark of 80%, and, if necessary, may attempt the test multiple times at no extra cost.
Students will be sent a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for you, if you are:
- Are preparing for a job interview with a manufacturing business
- Are new to the world of manufacturing and want to upskill yourself
- Are working towards a promotion within a manufacturing business
- Recently joined a company which is embarking on a lean or operations excellence journey
- Are planning to start a career in lean / operations consulting
- Are working to reskill / upskill yourself while contemplating you next career move
- Are a student looking to move past the theory to practical knowledge of manufacturing and operations
A fundamental base knowledge of lean is beneficial but not necessary, just an open mind and the willingness to learn and challenge the status quo.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.