Add to basket or enquire
This highly interactive course delivers an in-depth, 360 degree understanding of Kanban. It will challenge you, expand your horizons and equip you with a mastery of Kanban’s underlying theory and problem-solving practical applications.
Kanban System Design – KMP I
- Certified Kanban System Design - KMP I - download
Our interactive Kanban System Design KMP I course covers in depth the Kanban Method, Kanban practices, the underlying theory of Kanban, and the values and principles that underpin it.
A combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion make this a challenging, engaging and enjoyable way to develop your understanding of Kanban. The course also provides you with the skills and practice to design your own Kanban system and you will experience a fully immersive Kanban simulation.
Our interactive Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master training is a great course for anybody who is new to Scrum or applying it within their organisation.
The course covers in depth the full Scrum Framework, Scrum events, roles, artefacts and the values and principles that underpin it. A combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion make this a challenging, engaging and enjoyable way to develop your understanding of Scrum. The course also covers many agile practices that support Scrum, including user stories and relative estimation.
We use brain friendly, science based, accelerated learning techniques to help you really learn and increase your knowledge retention.
Why this course?
- Learn The Kanban Method – The most popular Kanban framework
- Become certified in Kanban System Design
- Gain the most recognised and in demand Kanban certification from employers and recruiters
- Begin your journey to Certified Kanban Management Professional and Certified Kanban Coach and Kanban Coaching Professional
What you'll come away with
You’ll come away understanding Kanban in real depth. You won’t just know how to use it, you’ll understand how and why it works – and how to apply it highly effectively. In other words, this course will equip you with the knowledge and experience to be a genuinely effective Kanban practitioner and leader.
You’ll be able to:
- Explain what Kanban is to key stakeholders
- Explain why and how Kanban works
- Lead or guide a team in their adoption of Kanban – from initial visualisation and the design of Kanban systems through to leading evolutionary change
- Design Kanban systems
- Answer questions and support the team in day to day operations
- Help the teams identify and resolve hinderances to flow
- Take measurements and create meaningful metrics
- Evolve process and practice according to team needs; in a meaningful way
- Implement Kanban in real world circumstances
- Define and use the full range of techniques
- Deliver a successful Kanban project
- Connect with the Kanban community for the sharing of practical experiences
What the course includes
- High quality instruction from Tom Reynolds a highly experienced trainer who has over 30 years’ experience in software development and many years experience of training Kanban and very importantly implementing Kanban in the real world
- Course materials and for virtual courses access to the our Learning Management System and on-line content created during the course
- Kanban University certificate of course completion
- Fulfilment of the Kanban Management Professional KMP I requirement
- Membership of the Kanban University
- A free electronic copy of David Anderson’s “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” book worth £45
- Membership of our alumni community where you can receive help and support from our coaches and fellow alumni
- One hour of personal/life coaching post course worth £125
- Loyalty discount for future courses
- Loyalty discount for personal/life coaching
- 14 Category B Professional Development Units (PDUs) can be claimed for this course
- 18.5 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and CPD certificate issued by the CPD Standards Office
- 16 Scrum Education Units (SEU’s) can be claimed for this course
- For in-person public courses refreshments, before and during the course including lunch
Why choose BeLiminal?
Our training has a depth and a power that inspires and changes you. Our trainers are some of the most experienced in the world and have rich insights into the changing world of work and a passion for transforming teams and organisations. They are able to bring your training alive by revealing its true power – helping you unleash your own potential as well as the potential of those you work with.
In addition you benefit from: -
- Delivery of a virtual course that has been designed from the ground up for virtual delivery using best practice tried and tested techniques to provide an engaging and compelling virtual experience
- Maximum class size of 12 delegates to ensure our attendees have the highest quality learning experience possible
- Shorter training days which are vitally important when training in a virtual manner that enhance your learning experience and increase your knowledge retention
- Highly respected Kanban Trainers with decades of experience delivering high-quality Kanban training and implementing and coaching Kanban in the real world – 5/5 star rating (from Google Reviews)
What topics are covered?
- Kanban Introduction
- What is Kanban
- Principles of the Kanban Method
- Service Delivery
- Kanban Core Practices
- Identify Work Items
- Demand analysis
- Kanban cards
- Value Streams
- What is a value stream
- Mapping the knowledge discovery process through value stream mapping
- Kanban Boards
- The relationship between a Kanban Board and the value stream
- Setting up and using a Kanban Board
- Different options for Kanban Boards
- Queues and buffers
- Limit Work In Progress (WIP)
- Queuing Theory – Little’s Law
- Why Limit WIP
- Where to Apply WIP Limits
- Make Management Policies Explicit
- Kanban Policies
- Classes of Service
- Cost of delay
- Measuring and Managing Flow
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- How to Measure Lead Time
- How to Measure WIP
- How to Measure Delivery Rate
- How to Measure Cycle Time
- How to Measure Flow
- Control chart
- Lead time distribution chart
- Sources of variability
- Sources of dissatisfaction
- The impact of variability
- Techniques and strategies for removing variability
- Kanban Cadences
- Kanban Meeting
- Replenishment and commitment
- Delivery planning
- Flow review
- Apply your learning
- Team based realistic simulation of a Kanban system in practice
- Kanban in your organisation (STATIK)
- The context for change
- The steps required to build a Kanban system
- Apply a Kanban system to your organisation
Who is this course for?
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful using Kanban within their organisation, or anyone who works with teams utilising Kanban. As such, it will benefit anyone who is involved in using Kanban or considering using Kanban. It will be helpful both to those new to Kanban and those who have explored Kanban but now want to consolidate their knowledge in a practical setting. In terms of roles, the course is suitable for Product, Project and Programme Managers, Development Team Members (including but not limited to Architects, Designers, Developers, Testers), Business Analysts and Scrum Product Owners and ScrumMasters who want to enhance their Lean / Agile skillset. Attending the course as a full team offers a real opportunity for the entire team to experience and learn Kanban together and creates an excellent foundation for them to move forward.
There are no prerequisites for the course, however students are expected to complete the required pre-course reading.
Kanban System Design to Kanban Management Professional leading to Kanban Coaching professional. The career path is that of your journey of Agile Coaching.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.