UK Professional Development Academy LTD
Add to basket or enquire
Job Search Skills Diploma (Level 5) – CPD Accredited
Job Search Skills course is designed by specialist by considering the need of both the job seekers and people already working in established businesses, which covers most of your professional needs in the field of Job Search Skills development.
Job Search Skills diploma course will help you to learn from scratch and take you to higher level of professionalism. As you may know that Job Search Skills are important because possessing good Job Search Skills establish the trust and professionalism in the workplace. So, if you are looking to gain various management and Job Search Skills then this is your most desired course.
Are you new to online learning?
Don’t worry. Along with providing most professional courses, UKPDA also provides the most regular tutor support via online mediums, and will guide you in every possible way to get most out of your online course. Further to this, assessments are really challenging, but interestingly, will not take much of your time. You will have to read through the provided study material and attempt the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) afterwards.
The following is included for online study with UK Professional Development Academy.
- Courses / Training that best suit to Work Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Self-paced Training/Courses to continue working while studying
- Self-Paced Courses to get free from the deadlines
- Course materials that include Training Manual, Mock Quizzes and Case Studies that challenge you to apply your knowledge that can be in PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint format.
- Assessment resources accessible through our online learning platform 24/7.
- A professional one-to-one tutor to provide all-inclusive assistance throughout the course by online.
Course / Training Format
After successful enrolment, learner will get access to UKPDA Learning Platform, where all the study material / Training Manual will be available. Learning Platform can be accessed 24/7 anywhere, anytime.
Training Manual contains several modules, each having specific knowledge and case study at the end. All the courses material will be in the form of texts (images/illustrations), and there are no video or live lectures during the training course.
The Test (MCQ’s) will be based on modules of Training Manual.
After studying through the training manual, Learner will have to attempt Final Test (online multiple-choice test – 2 attempts), if necessary, may attempt the test third times at no extra cost. Your test will be assessed automatically and straightaway so that you will directly know whether you have been successful or not. The passing score is 75%. You can retake the Test in the case of not being successful at first attempt.
Before attempting your Final Test, you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a Mock Test (online multiple-choice test - Unlimited attempts).
All test(s) are online and are taken either through or after the course; these are included in the course price.
The minimum time period to complete this training is 4 Weeks. But it is self-paced course, and the duration of completion depends on the learner’s pace and ability to give time to study.
Learners will have access to their Training via Learning Platform for up to 12 months from the date of enrolment. During this period, flexibility will be given to learners for completing the course at any time.
Level 5 Job Search Skills Diploma is CPD Accredited Certificate. To achieve a Level 5 Job Search Skills Diploma learner must have to achieve 10 Modules with 100 Credits to get CPD Accredited Certificate of Completion.
Module 1: Job Search Skills
- Define your objectives and purpose in your search for employment.
- Help you establish SMART goals in the job-hunting process.
- Assist you in developing a first month plan of action for your job search.
- Craft an effective resume.
- Form an attractive cover letter.
- Develop and present a portfolio of your prior work.
- Learn networking skills in finding leads for jobs.
- Efficiently get interviews and thrive in the interview process.
Module 2: Basic Soft Skills
- Discuss how soft skills are important to success in the workplace
- Understand the 10 key soft skills everyone should have
- Use soft skills to relate more effectively to others in the workplace
- Understand how to use soft skills to communicate, problem-solve, and resolve conflict
- Apply soft skills to specific situations
Module 3: Administrative Support Skills
- Getting Organized
- Manage their time more effectively
- Prioritize their time so they can get it all done.
- Complete Special Tasks
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Empowering Yourself
- Deal better with their managers
- Taking Care of Yourself is a priority
Module 4: Assertiveness and Self-Confidence
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth -- and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
- Display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.
Module 5: Interpersonal Skills
- Understand the difference between hearing and listening
- Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
- Understand what non-verbal communication is and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
- Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
- Understand how seeing the other side, building bridges and giving in without giving up can improve skills in influencing other people.
- Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
Module 6: Negotiation Skills
- Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
- Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Lay the groundwork for negotiation
- Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Understand basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Understand how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else
Module 7: Personal Branding
- Define your image.
- Control your image.
- Understand how to sharpen your brand.
- Use social media appropriately.
- Manage your brand in a crisis.
- Develop a professional appearance.
Module 8: Personal Productivity
- Set and evaluate SMART goals
- Use routines to maximize their productivity
- Use scheduling tools to make the most of their time
- Stay on top of their to-do list
- Start new tasks and projects on the right foot
- Use basic project management techniques
- Organize their physical and virtual workspaces for maximum efficiency
- Take back time from e-mail and handheld devices
- Beat procrastination
Module 9: Presentation Skills
- Perform a needs analysis and prepare an outline
- Select presentation delivery methods
- Practice verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Knock down nervousness
- Develop and use flip charts with color
- Create targeted PowerPoint presentations
- Utilize white boarding for reinforcement
- Describe how video and audio enhance a presentation and list criteria for determining what types to use
Module 10: Developing Creativity
- Define creativity
- Act with confidence
- Engage in curiosity
- Stop acting out of fear
- Learn from introspection
- Take risks
Upon successfully passing the course, Learner needs to pay for CPD Accredited Certificate of Completion either in PDF format or Hard-copy.
Certificate of Completion (PDF format) = £42
Certificate of Completion (Hard-copy) = £65 + postage charges: local £9, international £14.
Who is this course for?
Without any prior knowledge of Job Search Skills the learners can take this training course and in addition to this, there are no age restrictions. Thus, anyone who is passionate and ambitious about Counselling and Management can take the course. There are no specific deadlines for admission, and you can enrol anytime on this course.
There are no precise requirements for Job Search Skills Certificate as no prior knowledge and experience of Counselling and Management is required.
Students seeking to enrol for this course should meet the following requirements;
- Basic knowledge of English Language & Basic Computer Skills
- Be age 16 years or above
After completing the course/training, you will be able to grip yourself with specific knowledge and skills with the highest level of confidence to improve yourself and enhance the skills for your career in the relevant employment sector.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.