TSG Training Limited
Under the restrictions of Covid-19 we will be running all scheduled classroom courses on our virtual platform until it is safe to return to the classroom. This is to ensure minimal disruption to our time table and to your professional development.
The ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst course extends the broad understanding of testing acquired at Foundation Level to enable Technical Test Analysts to work within the risk-based testing framework established by the Test Manager for the project. They contribute their knowledge of the technical risks that are inherent in the project, such as risks related to security, system reliability and performance.
This three-day tutor-led course includes lectures, exercises and practical work, as well as exam preparation. The examination is held at on the last day* of the course in the afternoon. It is fully-accredited by UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 5 by the BCS.
*Please note if you are sitting the course virtually we will allow an additional 2 full working days preparation before sitting the exam remotely from home.
After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with the performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability of software systems.
- Create test plans which detail the planning, design and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate structural design techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on code coverage and design coverage.
- Effectively participate in technical reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in code and architecture.
- Recognize risks in code and software architecture and create test plan elements to mitigate those risks through dynamic analysis.
- Propose improvements to the security, maintainability and testability of code by applying static analysis.
- Outline the costs and benefits to be expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
Who is this course for?
The ISTQB Certified Technical Test Analyst Advanced Level is principally aimed at test practitioners who have achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and are expecting to be actively involved in the technical aspects of software testing, including test automation, non-functional testing, white-box testing, and who want to increase their knowledge and skills beyond the levels covered by the Foundation and Intermediate qualifications. This includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. This Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
The entry requirements for the Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst qualification are that the candidate must hold the ISTQB Foundation certificate and it is also suggested that candidates have a minimum of 3 years testing experience.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.