Global Management Academy Ltd
Designed for supervisors and first line managers, this ILM Endorsed Effective Team Leader Program contains 5 courses which will help you enhance your skills in leadership and management, and build teams capable of achieving high performance. On completion, you will receive a certificate from the ILM (City and Guilds)
The Global Effective Team Leader Program comprises 5 online courses:
COURSE 1: BUILDING AN EFFECTIVE TEAM
- Defining the effective team
- Tuckman-Jensen Team Building Model
- Forming an effective team
- Storming - building the team
- Norming - aligning the effective team
- Performing - focusing the team on results
- Goal Setting and Performance
- Team Motivation and Performance
- Managing Team Roles for Performance
COURSE 2: MANAGING MEETINGS
- Planning and preparing for the meeting
- Preparing Agendas and meeting logistics
- Developing and managing Agendas
- Chairing the meeting
- Managing interruptions and Disruptive participants
- Manage the taking of minutes
- Managign Virtual Meetings
- Following up on meetings
COURSE 3: IMPROVING PERSONAL EFFECTIVENESS
- Understanding how you manage your time
- Understanding Assertiveness
- Learning to take control
- Tackling Procrastination
- Dealing with Interruptions
- Crisis Management
- Organizing Better
- Attention Management
- Using the 5 Time Zone concept.
COURSE 4: CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING
- The problem Solving Method
- Problem Recognition and Definition
- Information Gathering
- Define a problem to enable solution development
- Root cause analysis
- Generating Solutions
- Effective Decision making
- Analyzing Solution Options
- Risk Analysis
- Planning Solution Implementation
COURSE 5: CONTROLLING STRESS AT WORK
- The Biology of Stress
- Understanding Stress
- Understanding how stress affects your life.
- Identify your Work Stress Profile
- Understanding the effects of stress on your people
- The Role of the manager
- Using the 3 A's approach to Managing Stress
- Taking Control at Work
- Managing Environmental Stress
- Working with Powerful people
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- Setting up Stress Defenses
- Using Relaxation Techniques to cope with stress
- Diet Sleep and Exercise - creating a low stress lifestyle
- Management Competence and Managing Stress
- The Role of the Organization in Managing Stress
TOTAL HOURS: 75
The program is delivered through
Online Learning through the Global E-Learning Portal (participants have access to the portal for 6 months from the date of registration.
- Assessment comprising short on-line quizzes for each course. No formal written assessment is required.
- Participants must complete all 5 of the courses in the program to qualify for the certificate.
- Each course takes 10 and 20 hours to complete
- Tutor Support is available through email, web conferencing and phone, throughout your program.
- All learners have automatic membership of the ILM for 6 months from the date of enrollment.
On completion of the program, all participants receive certification from the Institute of Leadership and Management, the leading management awards organization in Europe.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for experienced first-line managers, or those preparing for a new management role.
There are no formal entry requirements for this program.
This program will help you develop your skills in managing teams and grow your career in management
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.