Add to basket or enquire
Do flowers and plants intoxicate you? If the answer is yes, then why not sign up for our course and gain the skills and knowledge to better understand this subject and take your passion for nature and love of outdoors to the next level.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
A fun-filled, self-paced programme that is organised into 14 easy-to-digest modules that promises to teach you the scientific art of cultivating gardens and garden plants. Enjoy the valuable benefits of this flexible course without compromising with your current commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Learn how to grow plants and understand how to make up the best type of soil to ensure you maximise the ground around you.
- Understand the basic structure of a plant.
- Understand the structure of a flower .
- Learn the process of pollination.
- Understand plant physiology.
- Recognise the different names of plants and their divisions.
- Discover how soil is formed and its composition.
- Outline the characteristics of soils.
- Understand how and why it is necessary to improve soil structure.
- Understand soil problems.
- Understand the nutritional requirements of plants.
- Identify how to enrich soil.
- Learn how pests can affect plant life.
- Learn how to control fungal disease.
- Learn how to control virus conditions.
- Understand the effect of pesticides and chemicals on the environment.
- Gain the concept of organic gardening.
- Learn the definition of Organic Gardening and its benefits.
Look at the main methods of controlling weeds.
- Understand how plants propagate.
- Identify the equipment and materials required for propagation.
- Understand the methods of propagation.
- Learn the concept of amenity horticulture.
- Identify plant groups.
- Consider factors that contribute to plant selection.
- Understand basic planting procedure .
- Determine how the procedure would vary for bare root plants.
- Outline the general care of plants.
- Understand the importance and value of indigenous plants.
- Learn when a plant is classified as exotic.
- Understand the ideal conditions for Azalea.
- Understand the requirement for maintaining indoor plants.
- Identify the types of pots and soils to use to maintain plant nutrition.
- Recognise characteristics of plant health.
- Understand the environmental factors that contribute to the health of plants.
- Identify the different types of turf.
- Explain what can influence the growth of turf.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- Give your garden a healthy boost with professional advice .
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Gain a endorsed Diploma for your portfolio.
System requirement Processor 1 gigahertz (GHz) RAM 1 GB Operating Systems Windows 7
iOS Browsers Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above
Mozilla Firefox Compatibility Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Robin G asked:
Are there any exams or assessments for this course? What level is it?
Hi Robin, There is an assessment and knowledge test. I believe it's at a level 1/2 Regards, eTrainThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.