Add to basket or enquire
In terms of human biology and key bodily processes, men and women are very different organisms. Which is precisely why issues like diet, nutrition and healthcare in general call for gender-specific approaches. For those working the field of dietetics and nutrition, the importance of understanding the differences between the two sexes cannot be overstated. Women’s health in particular has become a key area of focus for both the public in general and qualified experts over recent years. Regardless of whether you choose to focus on women’s health as your primary specialism, you’ll need a strong understanding of the subject to perform in a professional capacity.
This introductory course has been designed for anyone looking to develop a deeper understanding of key women’s health issues. Learn about the functions and effects of female hormones in the body, along with the causes and symptoms of premenstrual syndrome. Explore a range of key health considerations unique to the female body.
- Discuss main female hormones and explain how imbalance in these hormones can cause problems like premenstrual syndrome (PMS), menopause, depression or migraine associated with a woman cycle and infertility.
- understand nutritional requirements for women in order to avoid these problems.
- How Female Hormones Work
- What is Premenstrual Syndrome?
- What Causes PMS?
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials.
All course materials are included in the course price. All your study material will be available on our learning management system for which you will get access once you are enrolled. The material can be downloaded and printed as well.
Our distance learning course materials are specially written for home study and contain a wealth of knowledge in easy to understand language. We use variety of media to help you learn. Your course may use any of the following different media which you can use from home or where ever you choose to study:
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
You will be continually assessed throughout the course. Your assignment will be marked by your tutor and independently moderated. The feedback on your assignment will then be sent to you. On receipt of this, you may wish to contact your tutor to discuss the feedback.
When you enrol on a course with Brentwood Open Learning College you are allocated your personal tutor. Tutor’s help and support will be available throughout your studies with the college. He/she will assess your work and will provide you with regular feedback on your progress.
Who is this course for?
- Confident , self motivated and passionate candidates
- Nurses, cares and health workers seeking for CPD
- Nutrition advisors looking to expand knowledge and skills
- Candidates looking to enhance their CVs
- Anyone interested in developing knowledge about nutrition
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
*Note: This is an independent unit not a complete course so does not equalize to a course. This will give you 10 CPD points to add on your CV. At the end of the unit, you can claim CPD Accredited unit by paying £35 accreditation fee and postal charges (£9 for UK students, £15 for outside UK).
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.