Emergency Medicine for Everyone
*Special Christmas Deals*
70% or MORE OFF ON THIS COURSE
Experience everyday life in an emergency department
Practitioners of emergency medicine (doctors and nurses) must be able to undertake high-stress troubleshooting and rapid medical detective work, as well as make split-second decisions that can make the difference between a patient’s life or death. This is usually carried out in the most intense department of a hospital – the emergency department.
As greatly skilled professionals, doctors and nurses must undergo demanding training as medical students; must be able to have the unparalleled skill of extracting important information from patients that they may have overlooked (or are unwilling to share); all whilst having extensive insight and readily-available knowledge into a plethora of injuries and illnesses.
With this course, provided by Global Edulink, a UK-leading online training provider, you get to experience the high drama of an emergency ward whilst gaining in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of the type of training only medical students would acquire. These comprehensive lectures are a thrilling introduction to emergency medicine and covers such topics as:
- Triage in emergency medicine
- Thinking fast in emergency medicine
- Treating the patient and the family
- Altered mental status
- Treating insect and animal bites
- An insight into fever
- Preventative medicine
- Exercise and its health benefits
- How to stay safe in an emergency department
- Emergency medicine for travellers
Why You Should Choose Global Edulink
- 12 months Access to your course.
- The price shown on Reed is for the whole course, including the final exam and free e-certificate.
- CPD and iAP accredited certificate upon successful completion
- Tutor Support available Monday – Friday
Course Curriculum : Emergency Medicine for Everyone
- Mode triage in emergency medicine
- Thinking again and emergency medicine
- Diagnosis is the story.
- Identify hidden clues in the emergency department
- How to treat the patient and the family
- What causes chest pain? And treat the cause.
- Need of the emergency department
- Overview of altered mental status
- Identify simple symptoms of serious illness
- Protect yourself first in an emergency
- How to treat insect and animal bites?
- Identifying the missing piece in an emergency diagnosis and healthy paranoia in emergency medicine
- Fever, friend or foe?
- Always, how to treat pain?
- An ounce of prevention
- Understanding the big picture in emergency medicine
- Are exercises good for your health?
- How to stay safe in the emergency department?
- Understanding emergency medicine for travelers
- Learn emergency medicine lessons from the past
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Emergency Medicine for Everyone.
Who is this course for?
- Those who have a general interest in the medical field.
- Those who already work in, or are thinking of working in, medicine.
- There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
- Medical Student
- Consultant Emergency Medicine
- Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine
- Locum Doctor in Emergency Medicine
- General Practitioner
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.