Add to basket or enquire
Diploma in Special Education Needs (SEN) - Level 3 Certification
Special Education Needs, also shortened as SEN, refers to the learning problems or disabilities in children that hinder them from learning as normal kids their age. These kids might have issues with simple communication or even homework and might require special education that allows them to learn at their own pace and way. Awareness of special education needs has seen an increase in the past decade and the demand for professionals good at helping these kids have also increased dramatically.
A career in special education is fulfilling and might be the one for you if you love working with kids and would like a decent pay and plenty of progression opportunities. However, no amount of passion will prepare you enough to work with these kids, which is why this Diploma in Special Education Needs (SEN) – Level 3 has been introduced by Study365 to help you either get in or progress within this field.
Everything deemed crucial to get you up and about SEN is covered through this course starting from the definitions and meanings of SEN to the importance of inclusive educational in schools. You will also come across modules that will educate you about the role of SEN Co and other related agencies, the common SEN conditions found in mainstream schools and behavioural issues in children with special educational needs.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements, which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Study365 is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
- Explore the definitions and the meanings of special education needs (SEN)
- Discover the provisions available in schools for children with special education needs
- Get an insight into the role of SEN Co and other related agencies
- Identify the common SEN conditions that are found within mainstream schools
- Examine the behavioural issues in children that might hinder their normal educational activities
- Understand the importance of inclusive education and how to promote them
1. In and out About Sen
2. Provision of Special Educational Needs (Sen) Within Schools
3. Role of Sen Co And Dealing with Other Agencies
4. Common Sen Conditions found within Mainstream Schools Part I
5. Common Sen Conditions found within Mainstream Schools Part II
6. Behavioral Issues Part I
7. Behavioral Issues Part II
8. Insights into Inclusive Education
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards will provide successful learners with a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the units completed by the learner through this course.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards, and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals aspiring to teach children with special education needs
- Teachers and other related professionals looking to take their career to the next level
- Parents with special needs children
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Special Education Paraprofessional – £26,500 per annum
- Educational Specialist – £26,500 per annum
- Special Education Teacher (preschool) – £25,127 per annum
- Special Education Teacher (Middle School)- £36,000 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.