This qualification is designed for team leaders and junior managers to support the development of their skills in leading a team, making sure that the team achieves organisational objectives and contributes to planning, problem solving and decision making.
You'll get the opportunity to discuss your choice of unit with a member of team and we can also advise you on the best combination going forward. Although you can select the optional units at the start, your situation may change part way through the programme. In this instance, we're flexible and can adapt to your own individual requirements.
To gain the Diploma in First Line Management you must complete all units from Group A below and 7 credits (up to two units) from Group B
- Unit 3001 Personal development as a first line manager - 6 credits
- Unit 3002 Resource Planning - 6 credits
- Unit 3003 Meeting stakeholder needs - 6 credits
- Unit 3004 Managing and communicating information - 6 credits
- Unit 3005 Identifying development opportunities - 6 credits
- Unit 3006 Recruitment and selection process - 6 credits
- Unit 3007 Maintaining quality standards - 6 credits
- Unit 3008 Improving team performance - 7 credits
- Unit 3009 Management communication - 6 credits
- Unit 3010 Being a leader - 6 credits
- Unit 3017 Introduction to first line management - 6 credits
- Unit 3018 Corporate social responsibility - 6 credits
- Unit 4002 Managing stakeholders' expectations - 7 credits
- Unit 4004 Understanding team dynamics - 7 credits
- Unit 4005 Management report writing - 7 credits
- Unit 4006 Management and leadership influencing skills - 7 credits
- Unit 4008 Promoting equality and diversity - 7 credits
You will be provided with an assignment brief and marking guide for each unit consisting of a number of learning outcomes/questions. On completion, your assignment is submitted for marking where you'll be awarded with a pass or refer. If your assignment is referred, you will be provided with feedback and directions in order to resubmit and complete your qualification.
We'll provide you with...
- A personal tutor
- Encouragement to complete the units within agreed deadlines.
- Affiliate membership of the CMI
- Online learning resources including videos, e-books, checksheets and podcasts through the CMI
- Flexible programme allowing you to study where and when you want, choosing the order in which you complete your units.
- No exams or face-to-face workshops
- Support in order to complete your assignments
About the Chartered Management Institute
CMI offers practical, proven solutions for individual managers, employers and education providers alike. CMI's mandate is to create better led and managed organisations - that's why over 100,000 managers and 450 employers use CMI to improve their performance.
Working through CMI qualifications will allow you to apply for Chartered Manager status, the highest status that can be achieved in the management profession. Awarded only by CMI, thousands of UK managers at all levels and across all sectors now hold Chartered Manager and highly value it.
Who is this course for?
The Level 3 qualification in First Line Management is developed for junior managers, supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity and who wish to build on and develop their existing management skills and knowledge.
To qualify for the Learning Loan you must be:
- 19 and over.
- be living in the UK on the first day of your course
- have been ordinarily resident in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course
- be a UK national or have ‘settled status’
You must have a good level of literacy and be working at or towards employment at team leader/management level.
We'll ask you to complete a short pre-course questionnaire to ensure the course and level is perfect for you and you're ready to take on a distance learning programme.
This qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
Fantastic addition to any CV - improves job prospects
Progress to the Level 5 in Management in Leadership as an Award, Certificate or Diploma
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.