The Diploma in Collection System Operator – Level 4 course will focus on the job role and responsibilities of the Collection System Operator. The primary goal is treating wastewater with the aim of controlling water pollution and removing toxins and chemicals before the water is released.
In order to become an effective Water System Operator, the learner must have good functioning knowledge of the collection system. They must understand collection system operation and procedures, have vast knowledge on wastewater collection rules and regulations and an understanding of the clean water act.
The Diploma in Collection System Operator – Level 4 is geared for individuals who want to have a career as a collection operator. The course will give learners insight into wastewater collection and an in-depth understanding of gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing. Additionally, individuals will learn about low pressure system description and operation. The course will be helpful to learners who want to understand more about the CMOM and NPDES programs.
What Will I Learn?
- Gain insight into wastewater collection by learning about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing
- Learn about the low pressure system description and operation
- Understand the hydraulic principles, general pumping fundamentals and pump categories
- Have a thorough understanding of wastewater collection rules and regulations
- Learn about the CMOM programme
- Understand what confined space entry programme, permit, duties and responsibilities are
- Learn about the NPDES programme and its permit
01. Wastewater Collection System Introduction
02. Wastewater Collection Rules And Regulations
03. Wastewater Collection
05. Pumps And Lift Stations
06. Motor Section
07. Hydrogen Sulfide
09. Other Hazards
10. Lockout - Tagout Training
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Collection System Operator – Level 4 successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £179 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
Those who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 4 Diploma in Collection System Operator by ABC Awards and a learner unit summary (which contains the details of the units in your course you have completed). This professional qualification will make you an asset to potential employers and your motivation and commitment to excel your skills will be recognised.
Course Code: QLS-04876
Awarding body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards is an Ofqual regulated, leading national awarding body which develops diverse, high-quality vocational qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14. Founded in 1998, ABC Awards is a leading national awarding organisation with a long-established reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector. ABC Awards are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. If you gain an ABC Awards accredited qualification with Global Edulink, you will demonstrate a high level of skill, and will come away with many more opportunities open to you.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Collection System Operators
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Collection System Manager
- Senior Collection System Operator
- Collection System Director
- Wastewater Operations Manager
- Collection System Maintenance Manager
- Wastewater Operations and Maintenance Technician
- Wastewater Treatment Specialist
- Water Treatment Operator – £23,153 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.