South London College
Add to basket or enquire
Looking for a way to improve your employment or progression opportunities within the wastewater collection industry? Then get on board this Diploma in collection Operation and Maintenance – Level 4 to give life to your dreams. This comprehensive course is an esteemed certification that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining a wastewater collection system effectively, provided you have a recognized qualification at level 3 or above in a related disciple to get started with this course.
This intricate course will provide insights into wastewater collection by educating you on gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing. You will get to learn about low pressure system and its operation, followed by modules that will adequately cover the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit programme. The wastewater collection rules and regulations and the summary of clean water act will also be duly discussed through this course to enlighten you on the legal aspects of the construction system.
This course is a great opportunity for you to get your hands on the CMOM program, along with its elements and audits. This course will also provide you with the opportunity to learn about the roles and responsibilities of pre-treatment in wastewater collection. By the end of this course, you will have a great grip on collection operation and maintenance to make significant progress within the industry.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*South London College is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
What Will I Learn?
- Have a clear understanding of wastewater collection.
- Learn about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing.
- Learn about the low pressure system description and operation.
- Have a clear understanding of wastewater collection rules and regulations.
- Learn about the CMOM programme, along with elements and audits.
- Understand the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit Programme.
- Learn about pre-treatment roles and responsibilities.
- Wastewater Collection System Introduction
- Understanding Gravity Sanitary Sewers
- Flow Monitoring
- Flow Capacity
- Sewer Cleaning
- Infiltration And Inflow
- Dye Testing
- Manhole Section
- Closed Circuit Television
- Smoking Out Sewer Leaks
- Low Pressure System Description And Operation
- Grease Interceptors
- Pumps And Lift Stations Section
- Hydrogen Sulfide Section
- Wastewater Collection Rules And Regulations Section
- Clean Water Act
- What Are Sanitary Sewer Overflows
- Combined Sewer Overflows
- The Elements Of A Proper Cmom Program
- Overflow Response Plan
- Cmom Audits
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
- Pretreatment Roles And Responsibilities
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance - Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04875
Awarding Body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Professionals related to wastewater collection
- Collection System Manager
- Water Treatment Operator
- Anyone interested in learning about collection operation and maintenance
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Collection System Manager
- Wastewater Operations Manager
- Collection System Maintenance Manager
- Wastewater Operations and Maintenance Technician
- Wastewater Treatment Specialist
- Water Treatment Operator - £23,153 per annum
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course.Be the first to ask a question.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.