Add to basket or enquire
This course includes lifetime access so you can complete the course at your own speed.
Give yourself the best chance to get the job you want by making a great first impression with an effective cover letter. Take this university-level course today, taught by an experienced business communication professor, that outlines the secrets behind every step in writing effective cover letters.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Take this university-level course, taught by an experienced business communication professor, that outlines the secrets behind every step in writing effective cover letters.
Give yourself the best chance to get the job you want by making a great first impression with an effective cover letter.
Write a cover letter as you follow detailed lessons that outline the main problems found in real cover letters produced by actual job applicants.
The course presents a logical process that works through the 3 parts of a job cover letter: the header, the body, and the footer.
After taking this course, you will have learned the following:
- deconstruct the advertisement to engage with the job’s requirements;
- avoid the typical mistakes in the header;
- write clearly and edit for perfection;
- format the letter to create a pleasing page design;
- make a great first impression with the opening paragraph;
- remove vague, empty statements about your work experience;
- go beyond static statements about “holding positions”;
- place your valuable skills in context;
- include factual evidence and short stories of success; and,
- conclude in a straightforward way that avoids flattery.
This Cover Letter Mastery Course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1: Starting Out
- An Introduction To The Principles Of The Course
- Preparing To Write
- Deconstructing The Job Advertisement
Topic 2: Technical Details
- Writing Style And Editing
Topic 3: The Header: Make A Great First Impression
Topic 4: The Body: The Meat Of The Cover Letter
- Introduction To The Body
- The Opening Paragraph
- The Problem Of Vague Statements
- The Problem Of Holding Positions
- The Problem Of Having Skills
- Specifics And Evidence To Entice The Hiring Manager
Topic 5: Don't Ignore The Footer
Topic 6: You're Almost Done!
- Final Checklist
- Concluding Thoughts
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning how to make an effective cover letter.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.