Add to basket or enquire
If you are currently working with young people or children, and would like to take it to a professional level then this course will be very fulfilling and rewarding for you. Make a positive change to someone’s life by helping them to gain a different perspective to cope with life challenges, help them find their own answers to problems and guide them towards making positive changes.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
You will have easy online access to this self-paced programme, which consists of 22 information packed units, giving you the flexibility to study in your own time around your current commitments.
After studying this course you will acquire an overview of basic counseling skills, which will provide you with an appreciation of what to expect as you progress within the field.
With educational establishments looking to provide professional, in-house counselling for their students there are ever increasing opportunities for counsellors who are able to relate to young people with empathy.
What sort of job will it lead to?
This course is the perfect stepping-stone towards further and higher education in the field, which can help you build your career as a counsellor, enabling you to work with individual clients, families or in groups.
Take your career to the next level by continuing your training and education to become a child and adolescent psychotherapist, working for a health agency, in social services, hospitals, special clinics, or in private practice.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
From the counselling relationship through child development, as well as the information you need to establish a successful practice, our online counselling course will prepare you with the knowledge needed to be an effective child and adolescent counsellor.
- Start with identifying the aim of counselling.
- Learn what is meant by empathy, analyse roadblocks to communication and identify the stages of the general approach.
- Learn how school life is affected by maturity level and individual growth patterns.
- Understand the psychology of a child.
- Look at Child Development, philosophy of growth.
- Look at energies that determine behaviour.
- Learn the concept of conflict.
- Gain an understanding of abnormality and about when behaviour is seen as being maladaptive.
- Analyse the qualities that are contributory factors in normal behaviour.
- Learn all about bereavement counselling and the affects of grief on a bereaved person. Examine the different types of grief.
- Observe an understanding of co-dependents and look at problems likely to be found in the family of origin.
- Understand Dysfunctional family counselling and look at ways to replace dysfunctional behaviour.
- Discover how learning is defined. Recognise the affects the computer has on teaching.
- Learn the three stages of memory, examine emotional factors in forgetting and discover how long term memory can be improved.
- Gain an understanding of how we produce and understand sentences.
- Understand better what reading readiness is.
- Child Bullying and Child Abuse.
- Setting Up A Practice – Gain all the valuable logistics of setting up a private practice.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- You will gain an endorsed diploma.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- You can enhance your current career status by adding this qualification to your portfolio.
- No pre-requisite.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have completed the course, you will be equipped with valuable knowledge to find employment, boost your current status, or you could take your dream further and look to set up your own business within the field.
- You can build your career further in counselling by continuing your training and education to become a child adolescent psychotherapist working for health agencies, in social services, hospitals, special clinics.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Definition of Counselling
- The Counselling Relationship
- The Development Cycle
- Parent, Child, Teacher Relationships
- The Complexities of Growth
- Introduction – Psychological Development
- Conflict and Stress
- Behaviour Therapies
- Grief and Bereavement
- Exploring Grief and Letting Go
- Working With Children
- What is Co-dependency?
- Using Newly-Found Skills
- Dysfunctional Families Explained
- Recovery – The Therapeutic Process
- Moving on – Emotional Intimacy
- Psychological Study of Education
- The Use of Language
- Child Bullying and Child Abuse
- Setting Up A Practice
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
This course is compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Natalie Bigger asked:
What is the fastest time you can complete this course please? Thank you in advance
Hi Natalie, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that the learning hours are 12-15 hours and you will get complete 12months to finish the online training. It totally depends upon the learner how soon they can complete the online training. After completing the course you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Does the certificate actually say diploma it? What does the certificate actually look like and can you get a hard copy?
Hi hugh, Thank you for contacting us. We would like to inform you that over the certificate the complete name of the course will be mentioned. We don't provide the hard copy certificate. You will get the certificate at your email address. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi, how is each module assessed? It is through multiple choice tests or coursework? I'm ideally looking for a coursework led diploma. Many thanks
Hi Lucy, Thank you for contacting us. After completing every module then you have to complete a test and once you will complete the entire training then you will be honored with the course completion certificate. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.