College of Media and Publishing
Add to basket or enquire
Copywriting (QLS L4)
Many leading corporations including Arsenal FC, British Airways, BT, Disney, John Lewis, and Vodafone use this accredited copywriting course to train their staff. And numerous individuals testify that it is practical, effective and great value for money.
The evidence: Since 2003 we have helped hundreds of people become successful copywriters. Many of them earn a full time wage and plenty create a new income stream to sit alongside their current jobs. You can see examples on our own website, or when you enquire.
You will learn the practical copywriting skills you need to become a successful, skilled and in-demand commercial writer.
We teach you to write original, persuasive and engaging copy, and content, for web pages, blogs, social media, brochures, adverts and much more!
* See our copywriting course video, student success stories and much more, in the 'media' section, below *
Copywriting course key features:
- Certification: Quality Licence Scheme certificate of achievement.
- Endorsed by: The Quality Licence Scheme.
- Accredited by: CPD | EADL.
- Government registered?: Yes. UKRLP number: 10008168.
- Tutor support: Unlimited support from an expert.
- Tutor marked assignments: 20 practical, tutor marked assignments.
- Post-course help? Yes - expert copywriting careers advice when you finish.
Copywriting Course Subjects:
Each lesson on this vocational course includes a practical assignment, based on real-world copywriting.
Every assignment is personally marked and graded by your tutor, so you’ll receive expert feedback on your progress every step of the way.
- Copywriting Lesson 01: Copywriting basics
- Copywriting Lesson 02: Copy presentation
- Copywriting Lesson 03: Researching your subject
- Copywriting Lesson 04: Terminology
- Copywriting Lesson 05: Industry codes of practice
- Copywriting Lesson 06: How to write great copy
- Copywriting Lesson 07: Writing effective headlines
- Copywriting Lesson 08: Writing effective advertising content
- Copywriting Lesson 09: Writing direct mail and email
- Copywriting Lesson 10: Writing press releases
- Copywriting Lesson 11: Writing press advertisements
- Copywriting Lesson 12: Writing for sales and promotion
- Copywriting Lesson 13: Sales pitches, presentations and proposals
- Copywriting Lesson 14: Leaflets and brochures
- Copywriting Lesson 15: Writing content for SEO
- Copywriting Lesson 16: Using social media and blogs
- Copywriting Lesson 17: Pay per click ads
- Copywriting Lesson 18: Newsletters
- Copywriting Lesson 19: Brand names and sales presentations
- Copywriting Lesson 20: Finding work and developing your career
*** If you enquire about this copywriting course, please check your SPAM folder for the course information email. ***
- Free eBook - 10 simple steps to improve your writing - download
- College Prospectus -
Copywriting (QLS L4)
You will learn how to write original, persuasive and engaging copy that gets results.
There is a strong demand for certified copywriters these days. Most organisations need people who can write effective copy for:
- Webpages, blogs and social media.
- Advertisements, brochures, leaflets and sales presentations.
- Direct mail and emails.
- SEO articles and pay per click ads.
- Press releases and advertising features.
Our copywriting course teaches you how to handle all of these projects and more, so you feel confident marketing yourself to potential clients.
Successful copywriting course graduate, Jonathan Green, thought the course content was perfect.
It related to his current job role, so he could immediately apply what he was learning, to his everyday work.
You will learn how to present your copy professionally, conduct effective research and comply with all the relevant codes of practice governing advertising.
You will also benefit from unlimited, personal support every step of the way from our experienced tutors.
Another copywriting course learner, Matt McAdam, who took the course with us earlier this year, told us: “The tutor support went above and beyond.” Matt was also impressed at how “varied and in depth” the course content was.
If you enjoy writing, then becoming a copywriter is a great way to earn good money and express your creativity.
Copywriting course certificate and diploma
This copywriting course has been independently endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. So at the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the Units the learner has completed as part of the course).
In addition, you will receive the accredited CMP Diploma in copywriting, which is recognised in the UK and beyond. It proves you are a qualified copywriter.
These awards will enable you to apply for copywriting jobs, find freelance work, or use your new skills in the workplace.
Copywriting course tutor - Justine Holman
Our copywriting course tutor is Justine Holman, a professional copywriter and copywriting consultant.
She has written copy for many publications, including Elle, The Express, Chat, Women's Weekly, TV Times and Just 17.
Justine has also trained staff members from organisations including Dominos Pizza, ITN, The Times and Waitrose.
She will mentor you, mark your assignments, and give you expert advice. Justine is often praised for her friendly, approachable and encouraging manner.
Help when you finish - Post-course careers advice
This copywriting course has a proven track record in helping people find work and establish themselves as successful freelance copywriters.
We give advice on which agencies to join, how to market yourself correctly, and we also help you to devise a step by step plan to help you find clients.
We also provide assistance in helping you with your CV, covering letters and interview preparation.
We have been running our copywriting course since 2003. During this time, we have seen huge growth within the copywriting industry. The need for skilled and certified copywriters is the highest it ever has been. We do not see this slowing down - quite the opposite.
Choosing the right copywriting course can be a tough task - especially with so many online course providers offering courses within this highly competitive sector.
We have put together this checklist to help you benchmark against other copywriting course providers, and to help you make the most informed and educated decision as possible.
We understand that our own copywriting course may not be the right fit for you, and we know that many other great copywriting courses are available.
This advice is accurate, objective, and follows our accreditors’ marketing rules.
Choosing the right copywriting course - 11 things to check
1. Copywriting course - Accreditation
Although there is no official regulating body for the copywriting industry, it's always imperative to check that any copywriting course has been externally accredited. This means that the provider has undertaken a rigorous external inspection of its procedures, teaching material and tutors. Accreditation also protects your interests as a learner and safeguards you because the provider will usually have to adhere to a strict code of conduct.
2. Who are the tutors?
When choosing a copywriting course, it is vital to check who the tutors are, and whether they have any genuine experience within the field. Most online copywriting course providers will list the tutors on their website and will provide a comprehensive overview of their experience. You should also be able to find their LinkedIn bios, which will list all of their skills and experiences.
3. Tutor support
Check how much tutor support is offered. Some copywriting courses don't offer any, some limit theirs, while some offer their tutor support on an unlimited basis. There is no right or wrong choice. It all depends on what you are looking for.
4. How regularly is the course updated?
Copywriting is a very fast-moving industry with changes to technology happening almost every day. It is important to check that any copywriting course you are looking to purchase, is up to date and in sync with latest trends.
5. Practical tutor marked assignments
A course that allows you to put the theory into practice is usually the best option. Practical assignments can also be used to form a portfolio, so it's also worth bearing this in mind too. It's also essential that your assignments are personally marked and graded by a copywriting professional.
6. Help finding copywriting work
It is always good to check if the learning provider offers you support at the end of your course. Many online copywriting courses offer help with CVs, covering letters, interview preparation and much more. It's also worth checking if they provide any assistance in helping you break into the freelance world.
7. Personal tutor references
When applying for jobs, it is always of great benefit to have a glowing reference. Check if the copywriting course you are looking at offers a personal reference for any jobs you apply for.
8. Staff training options
Some copywriting courses offer staff training options. If you want to book a copywriting course for your team, or an individual member of your organisation, it is best to contact the course provider directly to discuss this. It's also helpful to check which other organisations the provider works with.
Check how long the course has been running for. There are plenty of 'get rich quick' copywriting courses around, as well as many new courses being offered for as little as £10. We are not saying that these courses do not work, but it's always good to practice due diligence before making a purchase.
10. UK Register of Learning Providers
If you are looking to study a UK based copywriting course, it is helpful to ensure that the provider is on the UK Register of Learning Providers.
11. Success stories
It's important to check if a course actually works and does what it claims to do. Success stories are a very good way of doing this, and most copywriting course providers list their learner's success stories on their websites.
These can easily be verified and validated through sites like LinkedIn and you can also ask the provider to put you directly in touch with the course participant. Most providers will more than happy to facilitate this for you.
Who is this course for?
Copywriting (QLS L4)
Our copywriting course is for people of all ages and abilities. We've worked with:
- beginners wanting to become professional copywriters
- people who need to write effective copy, as part of their job roles
- individuals looking to improve their writing or copywriting skills
- marketing teams who need additional training
- small businesses and freelancers who want to get more clients
- experienced writers or copywriters looking to refresh or redefine their skills
Our copywriting course has been running since 2003, and has a proven track record in helping people find work, launch freelance businesses and use their new skills in the workplace.
Copywriting (QLS L4)
No previous academic experience or previous qualifications are required for this copywriting course. It is available to people of all ages and abilities. The only thing we ask is that you have good written English.
Copywriting (QLS L4)
This copywriting course has an excellent track record for success.
You could be:
- Using your new copywriting skills in the workplace
- Delivering high-quality content for a business or organisation.
- Building your own copywriting agency, and choosing your own hours, clients and projects.
- Earning up to £40,000 a year, or up to £60+ an hour as a freelancer.