Business Fundamentals: Effective Communication
Gain a practical grounding in communication to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
Improve your written and verbal communication skills
Faced with a daily deluge of information, we have never had greater need of clear communication skills.
This online course offers you a practical grounding in using a range of communication media, to boost your personal effectiveness, save you time and reduce your stress levels.
You will discover the principles of writing influential emails, reports and proposals. You will find new confidence in your ability to make convincing presentations and conduct productive meetings. And you will develop communication approaches that are sensitive to cultural and personal differences.
What topics will you cover?
- Making effective phone calls and writing emails
- Online communication in a professional context
- Delivering effective presentations
- Writing professional reports and proposals
- Conducting productive meetings
- The future trends in professional communication
What will you achieve?
- Apply and understand principles of effective communication in a range of media
- Improve your writing skills for greater work and study success
- Apply simple but powerful frameworks to get more out of email and telephone calls in less time
- Design and create more convincing presentations and run more productive meetings
- Develop cultural and interpersonal sensitivity in your communication behaviour
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for anyone seeking to develop their fundamental business skills, whether to increase their employability or secure a promotion. The course does not require any previous study of communication.
For further information about registration, the final assessment course, your eligibility and the BA in Business Management, visit the Open University website.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.