This course is designed for beginners who have deep interest in learning Kotlin. In this course, you will learn the major concepts involved with variables, basic types of variables, more advanced types, Kotlin’s new syntax for variables, and how we can use variables differently in Kotlin than you may have already seen in other programming languages and so much more. If you’re an intermediate or advanced coder, you can watch the videos at a faster speed using the Speed tool. We encourage you to follow along with the coding as we show you Kotlin’s unique syntax. By taking this course today, you will have learned how to code with Kotlin.
Benefits of taking this course include:
- Unlimited and lifetime access to the course
- Learn the course at your own pace
- Course can be accessed on any platform
- 24/7 Customer support
Kotlin is the brand-new programming language for Android app development that is taking Java by storm. Join programming expert Nimish Narang in this course on the basics of Kotlin. Nimish has extensive experience teaching app development as an online instructor. Start learning to code today in this Number 1 course on Kotlin.
Is this course for me?
This course is devoted to Kotlin’s language basics and comparing the syntax to Java. We target beginners and cover core topics in depth. If you’re an intermediate or advanced coder, you can watch the videos at a faster speed using the Speed tool. We encourage you to follow along with the coding as we show you Kotlin’s unique syntax.
What Will I Learn?
- The major concepts involved with variables, basic types of variables, more advanced types, Kotlin’s new syntax for variables, and how we can use variables differently in Kotlin than you may have already seen in other programming languages.
- Collection types, which Kotlin allows us to customize. We’ll begin by looking at the simple collection types and then look at more advanced ones.
- Control flow. Kotlin has some new statements not found in Java. Kotlin also provides the brand-new ability to turn control flow statements into expressions, which is a powerful capability that has a lot of potentials. We will look at the basics and syntax, always relating back to real-life examples.
- Functions, which have significant syntax differences in Kotlin. Beginners will learn how to use functions, and more advanced developers will benefit from the introduction to Kotlin’s new syntax.
- Classes, objects, and other structures available in Kotlin.
Beginner's Guide To Coding In Kotlin course will cover the following topics:
Topic 1 - Installations
- Install Android Studio 3 With Kotlin
- Install Kotlin For Android Studio 2.3.2 And Earlier
- Intro To The Kotlin Language
Topic 2 - Variables
- Introduction To Kotlin
- Intro To Variables
- Primitive Variable Types
- Nullable Variables
- Converting Between Variable Types
- Assignment, Arithmetic, And Unary Operators
- Conditional Operators
Topic 3 - Collections
- Intro To Arrays
Topic 4 - Control Flow
- If Statements
- Advanced If Statements
- When Statements And Expressions
- Checking For Null Values
- While Loops
- Continue And Break Statements
Topic 5 - Functions
- Functions With And Without Parameters
- Return Types
- Variable Scope
- Unique Kotlin Function Syntax
Topic 6 - Classes And Objects
- Creating And Instantiating A Class
- Additional Constructors And Init Blocks
- Adding Properties And Behaviours
- “This” Keyword
- Visibility Access Modifiers
- Getters And Setters
Topic 7 - Source Code
- Class And Objects_Text
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in learning how to code with Kotlin.
No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.