BCS Software Testing Intermediate Level certification is the next level of competency in software testing after the BCS ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) certification.
This certification has a more practical approach to the core software testing material covered at Foundation level. Candidates will focus on testing fundamentals including principles, types, management, analysis and other aspects of software testing.
The accredited BCS Software Testing Intermediate Level course equips you with the proven analytical ability, enables you to gain knowledge and practical skills in the key topics required for practising software testing, and therefore, fully prepares you for the examination. It is broken into bite-size sessions, combining leading-edge multimedia and interactive exercises for optimum enjoyment and knowledge retention.
Module 1 – Introduction
Module 2 – Fundamentals of Testing
Module 3 – Testing through the lifecycle
Module 4 – Static Techniques
Module 5 – Test Design Techniques
Module 6 – Test Management
Module 7 – Tool Support for Testing
Module 8 – Exam Simulator
Course access duration is 12 months.
Approximate time required to complete modules – 21 hours.
- Accredited e-learning course that meets the high standards of the accreditation body.
- Unlimited course access for 12 months.
- Tutor support is available via chat, phone and email as and when required.
- Mock exam simulator included to enable you to practise prior to the exam.
- SkillPoint course completion e-certificate.
Official Exam & Accreditation
Please note the exam is not included in this package. Please check out BCS Software Testing Intermediate Level (E-learning+Exam) course listing if you would like to buy a package that includes the exam.
The Accreditation body is the BCS.
• computer-based exam format, taken at a local Pearson Vue testing centre,
• consisting of 25 scenario-based multiple-choice questions. Pass mark score is 15 out of 25 available (60%),
• examination duration – 1 hour,
• closed book examination.
There is no re-certification requirement; the BCS Software Testing Intermediate Level is a lifetime certification.
Who is this course for?
The certification is aimed at current and aspiring professionals involved in any aspect of software testing and includes people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test team leaders, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers. Also it would be beneficial to professionals from other disciplines who are looking for a more practical approach to core software testing knowledge.
To be eligible for the BCS Software Testing Intermediate Level exam, you must meet the following requirements:
• ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL), and
• have completed a BCS accredited training course for the Software Testing Intermediate Level and/or have at least 18 months’ experience in software testing (SkillPoint BCS Software Testing Intermediate e-learning course fulfils the training requirement).
- Software Tester
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Test Manager
- User Acceptance Tester
- Software Developer
- Certified professionals tend to earn up to 20% more comparing to non-certified.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.