Location: Gosfield, Essex
Our client is a well-established company based in Essex with many years' experience in the architectural and secondary steelwork industry.
They are looking for an experienced hands on person, with joinery/carpentry and metalwork skills who can manage staff and production programme in a workshop environment.
A position has become available for a Workshop Manager to work within their increasing busy team, serving multiple buildings and operations. The Workshop Manager will be responsible for the day to day organization of the plant equipment and stock, upholding the cleanliness and health and safety of the factory. To liaise with the delivery team and General / Project Manager / Director about programming, resourcing and safe working practices in delivery of the project. Monitoring and reviewing progress against agreed timetable.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Manager:
- Organising stock
- Managing a small Team
- FLT Operation and fork lift logs
- Ensuring health and safety standards are met across the yard
- Keep the working yard free of hazards as per the company's health and safety policy Overseeing the assembly process
- Arrange and organise deliveries to site, including fixings
- Being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment
- Implementing quality-control programmes
- Liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers and site
- Manage the workshop and yard issues ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Supervising and motivating a team of workers, reviewing performance and identifying training needs
- Developing and clearly communicating the manufacturing plan to the team, encompassing what needs to be carried out, explaining why, by when and by whom
- Create a culture of ownership within each team, with the goal of each area being self-managed
- Work with Team leaders in formulating and improving the approach to maintenance activities, selecting and managing relevant suppliers and provide input when new equipment is to be delivered and maintained
- Take the lead in managing the site's standards
- Plan, co-ordinate and review the progress of the programme, taking any necessary corrective action to meet, and where possible, exceed the expectations of the client
- To determine resource requirements for works, including defining future personnel requirements.
Requirements of the Workshop Manager:
- Minimum 5 years' experience within a similar position
- Good IT skills
- Shop floor skills in either joinery or metalwork environment
- Fork Lift Licence
- H&S qualification
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Workshop Manager role then please apply now!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage. No agencies please. Our client is an equal opportunities employer.