We are a leading refrigerated vehicle rental company, with extensive operations both in the UK and across Europe and North Africa. Our fleet ranges from small refrigerated vans to larger vans, up to tractor units and trailers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our West LondonDepot.
The role will require some work on weekend days, and you will be expected to join our out-of-hours call out service on a rota basis, to respond to breakdowns.
In return the company provides a package that includes 5 weeks holiday plus the 8 normal bank holidays, with the opportunity to earn up to 1 week of additional holiday based on length of service within the Company. As a progressive company, we also offer the opportunity to gain skills through additional training.
The outline job description for the role is as follows :
JOB PROFILE Workshop Controller
Summary of the role's main purpose
To assume accountability for achieving annualised depot maintenance budget whilst adhering to company strategy and procedures. To provide a safe working environment and the provision of a well maintained vehicle fleet.
To ensure best repair option utilising internal and external resource.
- To ensure first time fix utilising internal and external resources to reduce vehicle VOR times.
- To manage and authorise supplier invoices.
- To ensure all accident and recharge work is captured and invoice in line with recharge procedure.
- To ensure efficient management of vehicle VOR and customer support.
- To manage the day to day operations of the workshop facility and staff.
- To interface with customer on engineering issues.
- To give technical engineering support to manager.
- To liaise with nominated 3rd party suppliers to ensure best cost options.
- To achieve maintenance spend in line with depot budget.
- To ensure all service and inspection documentation is correctly completed.
- To manage the Fleet maintenance system and issue approvals with in authority limits.
- To manage workload and job assignment.
- To quality control manage quality of job sheets and
- To ensure workshop equipment is maintained and inspected inline with legislation.
- To provide and maintain inventory records for workshop equipment.
- To implement a policy of "preventative maintenance".
- To ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- To oversee the procurement of parts and manage impress stock levels.
Measures of Success
- Achievement of maintenance budget.
- Achievement of 100% Vehicle Inspections
- Measured improvement in first fix ratio.
- Customer Satisfaction
Resources Available to the Job-Holder
- Annual budget
- Workshop facility
- Staffing in line with structure
Level of Decision-Making Authority
POWERS DEVOLVED: Decisions the jobholder can take.
- Financial decisions based on budget.
- Employment of personnel within workshop structure.
- Technical recommendations.
POWERS WITHHELD: Decisions which must be referred elsewhere.
- Approval of changes to policies and procedures.
- Equipment purchasing and procurement over £100.
- Maintenance spend involving third parties.
Key Leadership Behaviours
Planning and executing, communicating and influencing, accountability for results.
Key Technical Skills
- Operating knowledge of Fleet Management Software Systems (including ordering)
- Operating Knowledge of diagnostic equipment.
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Extensive management experience and appropriate technical qualifications.
- Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and time management.
- Apprentice trained commercial fitter.
- City Guilds part 1/2.
- Planning and time management.
- Knowledge of Transportation and Logistics industry.
- Strong PC literacy.
- Understanding of vehicle maintenance.
- CPC National.
- Refrigeration experience.
- Quality Control
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job