I am currently looking for an experience Welder/Fabricator with MIG, TIG and ARCH to read drawings to work in the Huntingdon area.
Hours of work are between 8am-5.30pm from Monday to Thursday, Fridays can be an earlier start but usually finishing at 1pm.
Weekend work when available is time and half on a Saturday and double on a Sunday.
Salary is negotiable and depends on the experience of the candidate.
The role will be on a temporary basis with the view of being made permanent for the right candidate.
My client prides itself on the companies longevity of its staff, so are looking for candiates interested in making the role a possible career and who are looking for longterm work
Ideal candidates will be responsible for performing a variety of welding and fabricating duties to support the manufacturing facility.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Interpret engineering drawings
- Fabricate parts from drawings
- Prepare parts for welding (saw, pillar drill, grinding, pipe bending, pipe threading, weld preparation)
- Welding activities to class 1 standards using TIG/MIG
- Ensure ALL machines are checked on a daily basis completing relevant check sheets
- To ensure that the Company Health and Safety Policy is adhered to, actively promoting a safe working environment
- Class 1 Skilled Welder / Fabricator
- GCSE grade A-C Maths, English and Science
Competencies - Essential
- MIG/TIG and ARCH Welding
- Good communicator - verbal and written
- Good team player
- Good time-keeping and attendance record, flexible to working hours
- Well organised and efficient
- Confident and assertive
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to work unsupervised
Please attached your CV in word doc format to be considered for the position or call for more information.