We have a number of Weekend Library Network Assistant positions available in various Libraries throughout Surrey. Our Weekend Library Network Assistants work either 3 or 6 hours each Saturday and Sunday.
The wages for Weekend Library Network Assistant positions is £8.45 per hour.
We can offer you:
- Local government salary-related pension
- Discounts with high-street retailers
- A reloadable Spree Card, online cash-back, holiday savings and discounted entertainment vouchers.
For more information, please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
About the Role
You may hear the common misconceptions that working in a library you are just putting books on shelves, but handling of books is just one element to this varied and exciting role. As a Weekend Library Network Assistant you will be carrying out all service point tasks, and some basic stock routines to maintain a high standard of stock presentation and content.
You will have a warm, friendly and outgoing personality with a passion for excellent customer service, to provide advice and guidance to members of the public.
The work will mainly be undertaken in public areas providing a high quality service to customers. You will be supported by a senior member of staff who will take responsibility for decision making.
To be shortlisted for this role you will need to give evidence of:
- An understanding of a library service or a customer service environment
- An interest in, or enthusiasm for, books, reading / lifelong learning / information provision / virtual services.
- Familiarity with standard office software packages, and the ability to use a range of IT tools and support customers to use them.
- Ability to work in a busy multi-tasking environment, and to work effectively under pressure
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team whilst delivering high quality customer service.
- A positive attitude to training and personal development.
You need to be able to prove your eligibility to work in the UK. You need a passport or full birth certificate, and proof of National Insurance number. For further details and visa requirements for non-European Economic Area passports, please see further guidance.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.