We are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor/Manager to work with our Client in West Bromwich. Our Client is one of the fastest growing specialists in sports related food products in the UK and there are plenty of good opportunities for your future development within the company.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible!
The ideal candidate will have at least a couple of years experience in managing a team of 10+ people within a warehouse environment.
You will be starting on a temporary basis with a view to go permanent after the probation period.
- Responsible fir general management and delegation of workload across the night shift;
- Responsible for a team of 10+ people;
- Oversee the layout of stock;
- Monitor and submit accurate stock levels;
- Ensure that all fresh stock is received and booked in;
- Arrange for the stock to be sent suppliers and that the accurate report on what is being sent has been compiled;
- Carry out QC checks on stock;
- Report any damaged stock;
- Oversee picking and packing of the orders;
- Manage staff on your shift and deal accordingly with any likenesses, absences;
- Provide weekly record of staff attendance and shifts worked and report relevant information to the HR department;
- Assist with selection and training of both contracted and agency staff.
- Previous experience as a Warehouse Supervisor/Team Leader;
- Previous experience in managing 10+ people;
- Need to be computer literate with a minimum of intermediate usage of Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Experience working whiting a cold environment - Ideally within food environment (desirable, but not essential);
- You need to have an up to date FLT Licence;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a very fast paced and demanding environment;
- Good knowledge of Quality Control checks;
- Be able to deal with difficult situations.
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Night shift bonus
- On site training will be provided and further development is possible as per the needs of business
Saturday to Wednesday Nights from 9PM to 7AM
You need to be flexible around the hours as you may be required to stay a bit longer or start a bit earlier during the peak times.
You will be starting on a temporary basis with a view to go permanent 12 weeks down the line. The Basic salary for the first 12 weeks is £9.60 + a night shift bonus.
If you are interested then please do not hesitate to give Cordant People in Birmingham a call on !
Cordant People are an equal opportunity employer.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- Warehouse Supervisor Manager