- Monitor the receipt, booking in and dispatch of all Cargo/Goods and record data in accordance with working procedures.
- Ensure all goods received are booked into the company within a timely manner and record data as necessary.
- Ensuring freight is screened in accordance with Dft/CAA compliance and is handled correctly and located and is identified as Known Cargo
- Load and off-load vehicles in a timely manner
- Assist with labelling and palletizing
- Respond to operational staff/customer queries
- Ensure security obligations are met according to DFT/CAA regulations and compliance
- Checking delivery driver IDs when receiving any freight and filling out the goods in check sheet
- Ensuring regular audits are carried out on the inventory held in the warehouse
- Provide customers with inventory shipments on request in a timely manner
- Keep warehouse tidy and organized
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Be aware of the standards expected in respect of the job, attendance, time keeping and
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Person / Experience Required
- Work pro-actively using own initiative.
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous experience dealing with varied customer base and building strong relationships.
- Ability to consider several possible options and decide on most appropriate method.
- Strong commercial awareness, understands impact of actions.
- Computer literate.
- Forklift Training
- Previous industry experience
- Have a full 5 year checkable work/background history and a clean criminal record
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job