Hours: 8:30am - 5pm / Monday - Friday.
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Health insurance (Dental, eye care, etc.), sick pay, employee rewards 4x a year.
Our client is one of the major players in their area of expertise. They are a distribution and logistics company and are responsible for providing a quality service for high end, high value products, to some of the most demanding end customers. As part of our client’s expansion, they now require warehouse operatives to join them on a full time, permanent basis. You will work as part of a professional team to contribute to the achievement of the warehouse key performance indicators by providing an accurate and efficient picking and dispatching operation.
Warehouse experience is not necessary but transferable skills would be required, eg. High attention to details, dealing with numbers.
- Work from picking lists, pick orders accurately and efficiently.
- Check products for visual and physical defect or damage.
- Pick orders to high accuracy.
- Participate in stock counts.
- Check any picking equipment for any problems/defects at the beginning of the shift and log details on the relevant check sheets.
- Log numbers of orders completed during the shift and any problems.
- Keep work areas neat and tidy at all time by undertaking routine housekeeping duties.
- Advise Team Leader of any problems likely to affect the efficiency of the warehouse.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed accurately and promptly in accordance with Company procedure.
- Work in accordance with all health and safety instructions, notices and safe working practices.
- Ability to work accurately and to deadlines.
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work
- Ability and willingness to undertake manual handling tasks (training will be given).
- Adaptable to change, flexible, reliable.
- Ability to deal with the physical demands of the role. Job requires being physically active, moving boxes etc during the course of the 8 hour shift. It may be necessary to use equipment to carry out your duties. Equipment training will be provided when necessary.
- Manual Handling