Brakes Group is a leading supplier to the foodservice sector in the UK, Ireland, France and Sweden. The Group is committed to provide its customers with outstanding service, products and foodservice solutions, its people with a ‘great place to work’ and its suppliers with a great company to partner.
Brakes Group is part of the Sysco family, the world’s leading foodservice company. It comprises of a family of specialist businesses which are able to deliver everything the caterer needs. We provide a professional, friendly regional service supported by a national network of depots, which ensures we offer an exceptional and individual service to each and every one of our customers
Shift Pattern: Any 5 out of 7 days 08:00 – 16:15 (16:30 on 5th day)
OR Any 5 out of 7 days 04:00-12:15
• Ensure all goods are picked from dispatch according to the picking procedure
• Ensure correct labelling of all orders for despatch
• To replenish the Warehouse as and when required, ensuring stock is always available for picking
• Ensure all vehicles are loaded correctly and on time
• Ensure all cages and stillages are secure in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
• Locate products and rotate stock effectively
Skills & Qualifications:
• Reach Truck Licence is desirable
• Picking orders experience
• Experience working within food/chilled environment desirable
• Used to working on voice pick
• Health and safety savvy
• Used to using warehouse equipment
• Attention to detail essential
• Physical fitness essential
• Trustworthy essential
Benefits of working for Brakes:
• Competitive salary
• Site incentive bonus scheme
• Staff discounts and offers
• Pension scheme with employer contribution
• Childcare vouchers
• Employee referral scheme
• Free car parking
Brakes Group is committed to reducing the environmental impact the business has on both the communities it serves and the countries it operates in. It has ISO 14001 accreditation - an internationally recognised standard for environmental performance.
Brakes Group operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Brakes UK uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Brakes UK would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory; reference, identity document(s), basic DBS certificate and basic credit check.