Warehouse Operations Team Manager - Luton
£54,000 up to £75,000 per annum (pro rata) - This isn’t day-to-day management. This is inspiring leadership.
You can find out more about our various warehouse areas at the bottom of the page.???????
Our huge distribution centres stock every product we sell in our stores. And they never stop. 24 hours a day, our teams receive and manage products from across our many different warehouse sections, including fruit and veg, meat and poultry, alcohol and frozen goods. Our Goods In team check every single product as it arrives from our suppliers and make sure it's stored perfectly before being shipped on to our stores.
As a Warehouse Team Manager, you'll inspire and motivate them to get it right every time. It's hands-on and hard work. You'll make sure they know that we rely on every single person, working to the best of their ability, to get the job done. Stay calm. Keep track of every detail, even when things get busy - because they're always busy.
To lead and develop Warehouse Operatives and Assistant Team Managers, you'll need to be assertive, happy handling strong personalities and building relationships with our supply chain. It's full-on, fast-paced and not for the faint-hearted. And you wouldn't want it any other way.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of you as a potential future leader for Lidl. To find out more and even conduct a practice exercise, please feel free to visit the following website: http://getstarted.cut-e.com
The process will also include a telephone interview and face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you'll do
- Motivate and train your team to get everything spot on and keep our products moving
- Coordinate stock-takes to protect our inventory, checking the results and taking action
- Keep our merchandising plan and slot labels up to date
- Support your Assistant Team Managers to recruit, train and develop their teams
- Make sure we're always on top of Health & Safety and legal regulations
What you'll need
- Supervisory or management experience in a warehouse environment
- A confident leadership style with an aptitude for training and developing a team
- Super organisation, a calm, analytical approach and a real eye for detail
- Self-motivation, a focus on targets and a can-do attitude
- Strong multi-tasking skills to prioritise conflicting deadlines
- An adaptable communication style to get your message across to anyone
- Must hold a full UK driving licence
What you'll receive
You'll be well rewarded as a key player in the Lidl team. As well as being part of a secure, fast-growing business, we'll make sure you have quality training and real opportunities to build your career. As well as your competitive salary, starting at £54,000 with the ability to earn up to £75,000 per annum (*dependant on experience), you'll get a company car, 35 days' holiday, a pension, private medical insurance, discounts on all Lidl products and on a range of holidays, days out, cinema tickets and plenty more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'