Our client is a rapidly expanding specialist manufacturing business and due to continued growth they are now looking to recruit a Warehouse Operations General Manager to support the Head of Logistics with the day to day management of the warehouse operation, customer order fulfilment functions and associated processes and procedures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage effectively the day to day operation of the warehouse and team through the operational team leaders.
- Support the development of the Operational Team Leaders via ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- Develop business strategies and goals
- Set department/division goals based on the company's plans
- Supervise other managers and staff
- Manage, motivate, train and continually develop the warehouse team.
- Manage the security of all warehouse
- Manage the drivers and their workload and ensure full coverage where necessary.
- Manage the maintenance of delivery vehicles ensuring they remain roadworthy and legal at all times.
- Manage the returns to the Warehouse and ensure items are dealt with promptly and returned to stock/supplier.
- Maintain regular communication with departments
- Liaison with stores/stock controllers to ensure that stock movements and
- stock keeping standards are maintained in line with company guidelines
- Carry out regular stock take’s and report on results.
- Ensure the highest operational standards are deployed at all times.
- Responsible for maintaining the stock levels and re-ordering of all glass
- Responsible for maintaining and re-ordering of general consumables as
- Ensure the warehouse is compliant with current Health and Safetyegulations and that the warehouse team is trained appropriately.
- Regularly appraise team members and carry out annual performance review at the communicated time.
Interviews are ongoing so apply now.