Red Rock Partnership are delighted to be working with our prestigious client in Huntington who are looking for Stores Manager to join their busy team.
About the Business:
Our Client is a reputable manufacturer of complex, high-performance tools and components for F1, premium automotive, rail customers and more. From low volume to large scale production, they are guided by lean manufacturing principles.
About The Role:
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, the role of the Stores Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and efficient running of company’s Stores Facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To manage and take full ownership of the Stores Facility, ensuring it operates efficiently while meeting both production and customer requirements.
- Actively improve and implement process improvements, specifically in relation to stock accuracy based on lean principles.
- Be responsible for control of all incoming goods and maintaining inventory and transactional accuracy.
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to the shop floor.
- Work in cooperation with the Production Managers to provide an efficient service to the Production Department.
- Work safely with all products and equipment, ensuring that all protocols are met and housekeeping, health & safely and 5S standards are met and maintained.
- Extensive experience and understanding of warehouse and stores systems and processes.
- Proven track record in operating an efficient manufacturing stores facility.
- Proven track record in service delivery and evidence of implementing improvement in stores practices to increase efficiency.
- Previous experience of working in a lean manufacturing environment would be highly desirable.
- Be a self-starter, able to self-manage and work independently as well as motivate and work with a team.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic and fast paced environment, working and meeting deadlines.
- Able to troubleshoot and be solution focused.
- Excellent communication skills with good interpersonal skills and strong previous experience of building good relationships internally with other teams.
- Willing to work overtime when required.Willing to travel as and when required as the role will involve managing a team working across sites based in Huntingdon and Peterborough.
- 6 Sigma, Lean ISO standard experience would be advantageous.
Working Monday to Friday, 8.30am till 5pm the salary is circa £30-£35k per annum, the role includes following benefits:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- 1% pension scheme after 3 months
- Profit share scheme after 6 months
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive business who invest in people. Should you feel that your skills and experience match the above we would be delighted to receive your application.
Red Rock Partnership are working as a recruiting partner to handle all recruitment activity.
Due to the volume of applications unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.