Vice President Quality EMEA - Food
Vice President Quality EMEA - Food
Salary - £ Attractive + Benefits
Do you have experience of working in the food industry? Can you make things happen with agility and pace? Are you looking for a new challenge? If so we would like to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join the Quality Team at one of the UK's food brands. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious Quality Leader.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the President and part of the EMEA Board, the VP Quality-EMEA has overall responsibility for leading the development and implementation of the EMEA Quality Assurance strategy, key programmes and operational standards in support of the EMEA Strategic Roadmap and in alignment with the global functional strategy.
Leading a team of approximately 140 quality professionals in 6 locations (UK, France, Italy, Poland, South Africa, Turkey), the role is responsible for providing a high-performance quality function in support of business strategy. The role covers Quality, Food Safety and Regulatory.
- As a member of the EMEA Board, partners with the business and influences business strategy development and execution.
- As a member of the Global Quality Leadership Council influences and provides guidance in setting global functional strategy.
- Develops, implements and manages quality management principles and tools which guide the organization and promote continuous improvement systems necessary to maintain recognition as a top tier quality organization
- Leads all plant and HQ Quality Assurance, Regulatory and Vendor Assurance, organizational structure and staffing.
- Networks and builds relationships with Customers, industry peers and regulatory agencies, working as a senior liaison or company representative in regard to quality and food safety matters.
- Serves as Senior Quality Executive on the EMEA Recall Committee, leading all efforts to protect McCormick's and customer's brand while conforming to all corporate, regulatory and customer requirements
- Accountable for budgeting and goal setting for the EMEA Quality Assurance function to deliver functional and business unit results
- Develops and coach’s direct reports & delivers succession plan; mentor transformational & growth talent from various functions.
- BSC degree in science discipline (Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology preferred) or other related fields
- Demonstrable professional quality Management experience with supervisory responsibility
- Cross functional and/or cross divisional leadership experience preferred
- Experience in Food industry
- International experience is a pre-requisite - leadership in a multi-country role/remit and/or undertaken international assignment in a multi-cultural, matrixed business.
- Business/financial acumen.
- Proven track record of organization and talent development.
- Experience of leading change projects and programmes.
- Experience in acquisition integration, identifying and driving synergies, and leading across different company cultures is strongly desirable.
- Active in trade associations
Founded in Baltimore in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $4.8 billion in annual sales in 2017, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 3,200 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
The company’s long-term goal is to grow sales by 4-6 % globally with three avenues: base business growth through continuous investments behind our brands, product innovations, expanded distribution and acquisitions.
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the "Power of People".We have created an unusually dedicated workforceby fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaborationbased on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"