At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Vehicle Authoring Specialist (Electrical Systems) to join our Aftersales team based in Woking, Surrey.
Reporting to the Senior Vehicle Documentation Specialist, the successful applicant will form part of a team providing technical literature to McLaren’s global network of approved workshops.
Principal accountabilities for position
- To create and maintain technical documentation for the McLaren retailer network for the servicing and repair of high performance vehicles.
- Provide support for Service and Aftersales activities, under the direction of the Service Engineering Manager.
- To assist in the coordinated strip and rebuild of existing and future vehicles for technical documentation creation.
- To create and maintain scheduled service documentation.
- To create and maintain vehicle electrical data, including schematics and connector information.
- To assist with the Service Documentation Illustrator in the creation of graphics for documentation.
- Continue to monitor Engineering changes and understand the impact to documentation, ensuring all documentation is kept up to date.
- To liaise with the Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering departments to ensure the efficient and reliable data transfer to support Service deliverables.
- Liaise with other McLaren Automotive departments, and suppliers, as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience for position
- Experienced in a vehicle environment and fully conversant with all aspects of vehicle repairs and servicing. Experience within technical authoring roles from other engineering disciplines considered.
- Conversant with vehicle electrical systems and wiring diagrams.
- An understanding of Technical Documentation Manuals and Maintenance systems.
- Conversant with XML based desktop publishing systems an advantage but not essential.
- Conversant with CAD (Catia V5) or similar.
- Conversant with Solidworks/3dvia Composer or Keyshot (or similar) an advantage but not essential.
- Conversant with Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop an advantage but not essential.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc.).
- A suitable formal education via City & Guilds or equivalent, and an apprenticeship (extensive and suitable experience may be considered in lieu) is highly desirable.
Personal attributes / behavioural skills for position
- Well-presented and professional.
- Adaptable, quick thinking, decisive, showing strong initiative and self-determination.
- Strong planning and good follow up skills and meticulous in detail.
- A methodical approach.
- Good team working habits.
- Confident with good interpersonal & communication, (especially verbal & written) skills.
For this role we offer a competitive package including private healthcare, access to an executive car scheme, company pension scheme and the chance to work in a truly unique environment.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.