A top 50 firm of Accountants
- Provision of practical VAT advice to an interesting mix of clients
- Technical work will range from advice on VAT groupings, partial exemption methods, to VAT reviews and counter investigation work.
- Building a network of contacts both internally and externally with law firms, banks and work referrers.
- Training and mentoring within the tax department.
- Working closely with the Due Diligence and Corporate Tax teams on transaction work.
- You will be involved in business development such as client pitches and client training.
- Involvement with negotiations with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Liaising with other direct tax and business specialists throughout the firm on latest technical developments.
- A mix of compliance and project work arising from the above activities
A self-motivated, hands-on, flexible and professional individual is sought to provide VAT expertise to our clients. You must have the ability to build strong working relationships and communicate across all levels of clients and colleagues. Potentially, this role may suit someone who has worked for the HMRC or public practice with significant VAT experience. We are seeking someone who will actively develop and grow the firm’s VAT client base in association with our Business & Corporation team. Some European VAT knowledge would be an advantage.
- Hands on and self-motivating
- Positive outlook
- Customer-service ethic