The Company are looking for a Transport Planner, to specifically look after the HGV fleet’s routes across the UK and into mainland Europe..
This role is working to a Monday to Friday.
As Transport Planner you will become a key member of the planning team based on site in Redditch. Devising cost effective, next day or planned transport plans for a fleet of Class 1 and Class 2 vehicles, including backhauling.
This is a dynamic, fast paced role where you will need to adjust plans to accommodate last minute changes in orders from clients. This role is everything in planning, from load fills, vehicle earnings to getting the vehicle from A to B; this is not just a scheduling role.
- Managing the day to day export and import bookings of European road freight shipments.
- Raising job files and all of the appropriate paperwork.
- Processing the jobs utilising the freight software system.
- Extensive client liaison both written (email) and verbal (telephone).
- Extensive supplier liaison and negotiation.
- Internal liaison with the sales team assisting with quotations and service status information.
- Invoicing jobs on completion.
To be considered you must have a minimum of 2 years’ transport planning experience, ideally gained within a fast paced, logistics provider.
- Comprehensive knowledge of transport legislation including drivers hours and fleet requirements
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK + Europe
- A driven transport professional with the ability work under pressure
Package and Prospect
On offer is a salary of up to £26,000 and additional benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with a successful and expanding logistics service provider.