OPERATIONS ANALYST- RECONCILIATIONS & PAYMENTS
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Operations Analyst to join a leading Financial Institution in the City of London. The primary purpose of this role is to minimise the risk inherent in the day-to-day settlement and reconciliation of payment, receipt and ledger transactions by ensuring the accurate and timely booking and settlement of a range of Sterling and currency products.
The focus will be on the reconciliations part of the process, but some payments knowledge is required.
This role is on an initial 6-12 month contract and will up to £150 daily.
Operations Analyst Responsibilities
On a day to day this Operations Analyst will be responsible for:
- Being responsible and accountable for completing daily processes and executing all work to the highest standards
- Processing payments in various systems with a high level of accuracy, checking that correct authorisation has been obtained, and various deadlines are met
- Understanding the customer impact of Banking Operations processes and seeking to improve processes for the benefit of our customers/clients
- Reconciling daily bank flows to ensure all transactions are accounted for
- Investigating any issues that may arise, including non-receipt of payments or held payments
- Constantly questioning and challenging established processes, looking for efficiencies and improved controls
To be a successful Operations Analyst, you will require the following experience:
- Previous experience within a Treasury, Payments or Finance Operations team
- Payment processing experience including SWIFT input
- Demonstrable knowledge of UK payment systems (CHAPS, Faster Payments, BACS, Cheques)
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a business, finance or science subject.
This role provides you with an excellent opportunity to join a leading Merchant Bank. If you are a confident, driven Operations Analyst with the above experience and you want to join a leading Financial Institution, then please don't hesitate to apply!
To find out more about Huxley, please visit www.huxley.com
Huxley, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales