A leading haulage company based in North Essex is recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner. This is a great opportunity to join a business which can give you genuine progression opportunities within a fast growing and forward thinking industry.
The position will be Monday to Friday dayshift, 8am - 6pm.
Main Purpose of the Role;
Reporting to the Transport Manager, to plan and execute collection and delivery schedules via the most cost efficient and cost-effective means, in line with the business objectives, customer service levels and current legislative requirements.
The successful Transport Planner will come from a transport planning background within the general haulage or pallet network industries and have proven experience managing a fleet of Rigid / artic vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Routing of vehicles and covering deliveries across UK.
- Previous experience transport planning in a busy transport office
- Providing good communication with our Traffic office teams and Drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained.
- Use in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
- Ensuring internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated
- Controlling and planning of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU Drivers’ Hours regulations)
- Plan Rigid & artic work for following day
- Warehouse checks
- Review Manifest and update any amendments/ notes
- Providing rate, quotes and processing customer booking
- Monitoring delivery performance and advising customers of issues affecting time / completion
- Undertake any other ad hoc project or task within the company as required
To Be Considered;
- Experience in planning of Artic vehicles / multi drop deliveries
- Proven transport planning experience
- Competent IT literacy
- CPC Holder an advantage, but not essential
- Salary up to £35K depending on experience
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Fast paced and busy working environment
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- National CPC
- Road Transport
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'