Due to further expansion, Gi Group are recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner on behalf of our client based in Malton.
FULL TIME HOURS AVAILABLE
SALARY: £27,000 - £30,000
* Responsible for ensuring the daily plans are set up and confirmed on a daily basis.
* Planning additional routes and making ad-hoc changes as required to support the operation.
* Managing traffic flows and communicating with drivers and customers throughout the day.
* Ensuring plans can be delivered within legally allowable timescales, adjusting the plan as changes due to delays are made.
* Managing vehicles to ensure vehicles and trailers are inspected and serviced on schedule.
* Maintain accurate job records and provide relevant KPIs where required.
* Debrief drivers and manage driver performance.
What we are looking for:
* Must have previous experience in a busy planning environment.
* Able to use Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Proven knowledge of EU drivers' hours regulations and WTD.
* Excellent communication skills and confident telephone manner.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision.
* Willing to take on call rota and some weekend work by agreement.
Candidates may be required to work some Saturdays.
If you are interested in this position please contact Karolina on .