Page Personnel Logistics are looking to recruit a Transport Planner for our client in Stratford, East London.
Our client are a well-known charity who support people with disdabilityies through the sales of products from 220 stores across England and Wales.
The role is responsible for all aspects of transport management for the Retail's logistics operation. The business currently have a fleet of 43 vans which service 220 shops. You will work with Area Managers, Shop staff and Van Drivers to optimise efficiency's within the operation ensuring shop deliveries align with trading patterns and business need.
Candidates wishing to be considered should meet the following criteria:
- Proficient in the use of telematics, GPS tracking, Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Good general knowledge of health and safety legislation and transport compliance
- Excellent communication skills; ability to adapt communication style to different audiences with the ability to challenge where appropriate
- Keen eye for detail and good organisational skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity and deal with change
- Strong people management skills
You ill have the chance to make the role your own taking responsibility for the the centralisation of the planning department. You will receive a competitive package and will get to work within a great organisation who continue to support those in need.