Job Title: Transport Controller
Position Based: Shoreham BN43 6PB (Will be relocating to Newhaven, BN9 0HE)
Hour: 06:30am-18:00pm Monday-Friday- One in Four Saturdays 08:30 - 13:00
As the Transport Controller, you will ensure that a Customer First approach is displayed at all times, resolve operational matters with customers directly via the telephone or site visits and manage H&S at the front line via regular debrief contact with crews, site visits, training and TBT. You will ensure that the business is compliant with O licence obligations to present vehicles for service, record and monitor, rectify defects, download tachograph and VDU's, and provide tachograph counselling.
- To support operational performance in terms of safety and customer service of the Transport Department, in line with Company policy and procedures.
- To assist in the implementation of targeted levels of operational efficiency and customer service, whilst maintaining compliance with Company standards and statutory regulations
- These are a summary of main duties only, other duties may be required to be fulfilled to meet the changing nature of operational activities.
- Cost effective routing of vehicles to maximise fuel/mileage efficiency and minimise overtime working, and to help maximise profit.
- Collating relevant information for monthly Key Performance Indicator [KPI] and data reports to track budget, invoice and performance targets
- Ensuring that the maximum workloads distributed to drivers can be completed safely and to high standards for Duty of care.
- Full compliance with company policies, standards and legal regulations, reference Road Haulage Operations and Health and Safety at work Regulations.
About your Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- People Management experience at a supervisory level
- Knowledge of the local area
- Knowledge of Vehicle weights and measures.
- Route planning skills for time, distance and workload distribution.
- Google and WIMS computer knowledge.
- Drivers' hours Knowledge
- Vehicle servicing, MOTs planning and completion
- Tachograph management and driver debriefs experience - preferable, not essential
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'