Working in our 2 man Home Delivery operation, and reporting to the Transport Manager, the Transport Controller is responsible for monitoring routes, dispatching Home Delivery technicians, fleet & driver's hours, compliance, de-breifing at end of shift and resource utilisation.
Shift patterns for this role will be any 5 days from 7, on a 6am -230pm or 1pm - 930pm shift (earlies & afternoon)
- Assist in the daily running of the transport operation by completing all administrative and legislative tasks required to maintain performance of the operation.
- To conduct driver debriefing of all Home Delivery technicians to an acceptable standard and to ensure that all key accountabilities and processes are audited after every shift.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure all delayed departures and/or deliveries are clearly communicated to relevant area.
- To despatch and debrief multiple teams in a busy office environment, and to instruct according to operational requirements and schedule adherence.
- Accurate completion of daily transport paperwork in-line with company policy and procedures.
- Collation & input of statistical information for various Transport reports.
- Liaising with other Distribution Centres/departments within the site and the wider contract.
- Assist with the management of vehicle defects through the VOR process
- Support the Transport Manager in driving a culture of customer service and cost efficiency
Experience & Qualifications
- Have experience within a busy operational office environment.
- Experience in a transport environment and knowledge of legislation relating to drivers & LGV / HGV's is key
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Positive and flexible attitude to work.
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to work flexible shifts, across 7 days
- Strong attention to detail to ensure documentation is correct and error free.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines.
- PC Literate.